(Topic ID: 253288)

Space shuttle acting wonky

By Apinjunkie

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

So here's the thing my normally reliable space shuttle machine is not being so reliable, It had been working fine ,2 weeks ago in mid gameplay features started going down no credit button no kickers no ball release from the capture holes no way to start new game. There was a loose ground connected to the coin door after tightening problem solved. Played great for a week, then the same problem. I checked the ground again,added a washer tightened the hell out of it, problem solved. Yesterday same issue, I checked the ground and this time no effect, time to look for other culprits, where should I begin? I have limited technical experience, but want to learn. I have micrometer in hand, and should have some time over the weekend to address the issues. Any help would be appreciated

#2 4 years ago

Just a guess, but given your success previously it's got to be worth tracing the entire earth circuit back to the board and supply for any points of high resistance. Best of luck.

1 week later
#3 4 years ago

So after a lot of checking what I found is all the grounds are okay however none of the solenoids fire during solenoid test, after much searching found a bad diode on one of the solenoids. My question, would a single bad diode on the solenoid interfere with all of the other solenoids working on the machine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-acting-wonky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.