Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0835.jpg
IMG_0834.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I am new to pinball and just got a williams space shuttle. Every time I turn on the machine, the bell rings and nothing is being displayed on the displays and the machine will not start into a game . Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks.

#2 8 years ago

Sounds like a possible MPU issue. Since you are new. Prob a good idea to read through this first. http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11

#3 8 years ago

Did the game work before you bought it? Or did you know it was broken. Do you know how to open the back box? If so hows those batteries looking? Corroded or leaking acid?

#4 8 years ago

Also join the Space Shuttle Club. Look at the "All clubs" section to find it. Welcome to the hobby.

#5 8 years ago

yeah i had it working and was playing it for a while, but the start button stopped working. So i turned of the machine for a while and now every time i start it the bell rings and nothing is displaying.

#6 8 years ago

Was it on free play? Did the display work before? If so. I would get a Multi Meter and test all you voltages on the power supply first. Its important to make sure you dont have power issues

#7 8 years ago

When you get a chance Take a photo of the batteries in the back box. And like I said we should start with easy stuff. Kinda take the temperature of the machine (figuratively) check all the Test points for voltage test fuses ECT. Sounds like maybe the power supply shit out as a preliminary guess but it could be a whole his of issues

#8 8 years ago

Now the machine is not ringing the bell when turned on. the lights are working just nothing is still displaying. below are the pictures of inside back box.

IMG_0834.jpgIMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpgIMG_0835.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Well that #7 code means this. System failure. Occasionally, the following components can contribute to this problem: U21 (4MhZ crystal), components in the IRQ circuit, broken leads or failed C9 (22uF) in the reset section, or loosely seated ICs on the CPU board. Note that boot code "7" is the hardware default and characteristic of the CPU "reset" signal not complying with the low-to-high spec properly at pin 40.

#10 8 years ago

1) Read through this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-wont-boot-error-code-7-williams-system-9

2) Do you have a multimeter?

if not

3) Maybe see if the Main IC chip came loose try taking it out and carefully and put it back in. WITH game off. use small flat heat screw driver gently lift each side.

if so

3) Do some preliminary work,

A) like test all your fuses (out of circuit and 1 at a time so you don't confuse them)

B) On your power supply board there is a number of test points, get the voltages readings on each one. Lets makes sure your not dropping voltage. Could be you lost some power and the CPU isnt running causing your errors.

C) Maybe see if the Main IC chip came loose try taking it out and carefully and put it back in. WITH game off. use small flat heat screw driver gently lift each side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.