You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20200125_155559 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello all,

I am new here and just got the sapce odyssey machine as well. We were able to play it fine when we picked it up, but then after transport it seems to be stuck in 'game over' mode. That is, we can press the credit button and the scores turn to 0 and it tries to go to player 1 but then immediately goes back to game over and we cant play. I am not an electrical engineer, but we do have the schematics. We also have cleaned the connections in the game over relay and noticed that the ball index realy does not operate even manually. I was wondering if anyone had any insight or tips as it seems that everything else is operational.

Really appreciate any help!

20200125_155559 (resized).jpg20200125_155559 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

First... how was it transported? Did you remove the head, disconnect jones plugs? If so, go back and double check that they are all correctly re-attached. If they are, reseat them one more time.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Tully0530:

then immediately goes back to game over

There are 4 ways the Game Over relay trip coil can get power. Most likely the Lock relay isn't staying energized.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 4 years ago

Thank you for the quick responses! I admit i am a novice. We took the head off and reattached the wires and the jones plugs several times to insure they are all seated properly. I will check the lock relay as well. Really appreciate the help!

#5 4 years ago

Yes! Thank you, Howard!! We looked closer and the lock relay switch had come loose and when we put it back in place it worked!! Thank you for guiding us where to look!! We were cheering for you when we got it to work properly!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-odyssey-stuck-in-game-over-help?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.