Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mrbippers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a Space Odyssey I picked up with a bunch of issues, most of them related to a worn out clutch on the score motor. If you ever need a replacement armature spring, the spring from a ballpoint pen is a great substitute! I now have it about 95% functional with a few lingering minor scoring issues, I'm just not familiar enough with the intended functioning to wrap these up.

> The upper left/right rollover lanes are supposed to light at certain points and score the swinging target value. Right now these don't ever light, but I'm not sure what should trigger them in order to diagnose the issue. Presumably something to do with the swinging target...

> Once A, B, and C are all lit, this causes the special in one of the outlanes to light. However, rolling over the outlane currently does nothing when special is lit. What is supposed to happen and what should cause the special to alternate between outlanes?

#2 8 years ago

Have a look at the change relay, which toggles the special and the lamps of the rollovers http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2253/Williams_1976_Space_Mission_Instruction_Manual_Jan_1976_no_schematics.pdf pag 27

succes

#3 8 years ago

So the change relay is controlled by the match unit. Makes sense--my match unit isn't working right now and I hadn't bothered troubleshooting it since the machine was going to be setup as freeplay. I'll delve into that a little more when I get a chance. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-odyssey-scoring-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.