• Latest reply 4 years ago by BubbaPin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Extra ball - ball count circuit (resized).png
Space Odyssey Extra Ball relay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bubbapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I posted a week or so back with the whole list of problems this game was giving me. After going over the schematics and the manuel for space mission I fixed most of them, except one. I cant get the thing to grant me a dang extra ball. Can activate it. Same player shoots again. Extra ball relay energized, but then ball drains, light goes off, moves on to next ball. Been trying different things for three days, connecting some switches on the bonus unit manually will grant it. But cant figure it out for the life of me.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from LeChuck:

The above sounds correct for what keeps the Extra Ball relay energized until the next turn starts. As far as what actually gives you the extra ball, you can check this switch:
[quoted image]
When the outhole relay fires after a drain, that circuit is what will either advance the ball count and reset the player number, or advance the player number only (depending on whether the last player just drained the ball). But if you have an active extra ball, that switch will open the entire path - keeping the ball and player number unchanged. According to the manual, it's switch C on the Extra Ball relay stack.... oh and now extra ball works...

After looking at switch c on the extra ball relay, and then looking at the switchs on the ball index relay, adjusting a switch on the index relay that was closed when it should of been open. Now I just got more problems, cant get the ball to advance. The switch on the index relay I adjusted was switch E, and it was remaining closed whether it was active or not. Even after adjusting it back to it always closed, still no advance in ball.

#5 4 years ago

Okay after looking at the extra ball relay switch c again, now extra ball is granted and ball count is also moved up correctly, but now bonus isnt being added....

#6 4 years ago

After adjusting the ball index again. Everything works as it should mostly, bonus scores like it should ball count goes up when it should, extra ball gets granted. But now...... double bonus counts quad so 1000 under double bonus counts 4 instead of 2. And whenever the playfeild like for the middle lane for extra ball is on, if I make alot of noise or vibration somewhere else on the playfeild it Grant's the extra ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bubbapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-odyssey-not-granting-extra-ball-?tu=bubbapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.