Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Periodically, the kickers right next to the flippers are getting stuck adding to the score and continuing to kick. I have checked the contact behind the kicker and it doesn't seem like a problem. I also notice a similar problem sometimes when the swinging target is hit as well. The machine just keeps adding to the score. It will continue even after the turn is over and next play is about to start, their score just started to increase.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

#2 2 years ago

On the Swinging Target, are you sure it’s not being pushed back enough to lodge under the playfield plastic, therefore causing the switch to get stuck?

On my Space Mission, if you hit it just right with a strong flipper shot it used to periodically get wedged until I finally bent the plastic down just slightly with a heat gun.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks for the idea @sea_wolf! I did check if the swinging target is getting stuck but that is not the problem.

I have also checked all of the contacts below the kicker and target and they are not touching either (other than the initial trigger). It seems strange to me cause it will work find for a couple of games and then start getting stuck on incrementing the scores.

#4 2 years ago

If both kickers are stuck adding points it’s likely not the switches underneath. Hopefully some of the experts on here will weigh in.

I had an issue with my Gottlieb Jumping Jack where the ball would land in one of the two kickout holes at the top and keep adding points but not kick the ball out. Thanks to HowardR and his help, it turned out it was a switch on the Score Motor that was not closing. You might have a switch in that circuit somewhere that is gapped too close.

If no one else weighs in I’ll look at my schematic when I get home from work to see if I can locate possible causes.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks! Much appreciated.

#6 2 years ago

Does the scoring for kickers and swinging target go through the same relay? If so could be a relay problem? (Sorry at work and don't have schematic).

#7 2 years ago

I’m thinking now that both kickout switches might be wired together but I can’t remember for sure. If so a switch gapped too close on either kickout might explain that part. Do they both fire at the same time?

Hard to believe I can’t remember, having played my Space Mission a ton lately.

#8 2 years ago

Just checked the Space Mission and the switches for the kickout holes at the bottom are wired together and both kick when one is activated unlike my Jumping Jack.

I’d start there. Hopefully one of them is gapped too close.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-odyssey-kickers-amp-swinging-target-keep-scoring?hl=sea_wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.