1699 (resized).jpg
1699 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

I finally have my restoration finished. Now to address the minor issues I am having with it. I am having several issues with 50 and 5000 scores not registering or engaging the chime. The 5000 point on the swinging target when hit does not give any points nor engage the chime The 5000 point on the swinging target when hit does not give any points nor engage the chime. The left-hand 50 point and three of the right 50 point side rebounds behave the same way – no points no or chimes. Is Center rebound on the right side does work correctly, it engages the 10 points for real and the chime. (I'm not 100% sure but believe the other rebounds are 50 points). Also when the "same player shoots again" light is lit on the back glass, the top extra ball when lit light, and the same player shoots down by the flippers - all lights flicker on and off when the index motor runs.

I'm double checked everywhere with magnifying glass for broken wires and connections and repaired what I have found. I've also gone through all stepper units and relay contacts for cleaning them and making sure all were in adjustment. Any advice would be appreciated.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Hi
I would look at the score multiplier relays. "and the score relays in general", also, the extra ball relay, or what it may be called.
and chk the bonus step unit. or relay, which ever it has.

#3 7 years ago

Hi jojo97222
this JPG I made some time ago - about my Space Mission - I assume the "points given" are the same in Space Odyssey. Greetings Rolf

1699 (resized).jpg1699 (resized).jpg

1699 (resized).jpg1699 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

The flickering on the same player shoots again lights etc is supposed to be that way. they go through a cam on the score motor and pulse. Mine was the same way and I thought it was an issue, but alas it's not.

#5 7 years ago

Hi jojo97222
great looking pin - You made a good restoration. I own a Space Mission - there are people who say "2 player pins are more valuable (less made - less around today) AND the Backglass (2 player pin) is MORE beautyful than the backglass of the 4 player version" --- I look at Your pin and I say: Yes, thats true.

Do You have the schematics ? For troubleshooting "playfield-features" the ipdb-schematic of 4-player Space Mission is fine (I guess the wiring is identical) - but there are some differences other places - so schematics of Space Odyssey would be handy.

The JPG (see post-3) I made some time ago - about my Space Mission - I assume the "points given" are the same in Space Odyssey. I have problems with "matching Your description with my JPG" please use the "letters A, B ..." - example (post-1): ... three of the right 50 point side rebounds do not work. Hmm, on the right my Space Mission has ONLY two such - the "L" and the "U" (and on the left there is (only) the "D"). The "X" (and the "A") is/are "Shooter(s) worth 50 points".
"D, L and U" do activate the "50 point relay" and then the Score-Motor pulses 5 times the "10 point relay".
"A and X" do activate the "Shooter-Relay" and then the Score-Motor pulses 5 times the "10 point relay".
Here http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2253&picno=26326 You can see the "50 points relay" and the "5000 (points) relay" sitting side by side --- lower end of the playfield, outmost left.
Start a game .... pin comes to idle, You can play - NOW manually activate the "50 points relay" by pressing / pushing the armature / anchor plate of the relay - You imitate "coil gets current and pulls". Question: Does the pin gives 50 points ?
Do the same on the "5000 (points) relay" - 5000 points given ?

Manually close on the playfield the "D", the "L", the "U" --- question: Does the "50 points relay" pull-in ? and stay pulling as the Score-Motor does a turn ( 180 degrees) ?

I would like to learn: "Fault is in the activating the 50 points relay" versus "fault is when the activated 50 points relay tries to make the 10 points relay actuate 5 times".

What should happen when the ball hits one of these 3 standup targets "D, L and U" (?) --- see the JPG: "L or D or U" is closed by the ball - "A" pulls-in, ESTABLISHES Self-Hold-Current as it closes its Switch "B" - the relay stays pulling for a long time - pulling until at end of the Score-Motor-Turn the "C" opens and by that CUTS the Self-Hold-Current so "A" finally let go.
The Score-Motor is turning - the switch "E" is pulsed five times - through "closed F" the "G" is pulsed five times - You get five times ten points.

NOT on my JPG: The Shooters just above the flipper-bats - when they are activated: The action is a bit different ... pulsing "E" through "H !!!" and "I !!!" the "G" is pulsed five times to reward You with 5 times 10 points. Greetings Rolf

aSp-Mi-Work-01 (resized).jpgaSp-Mi-Work-01 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-odyssey-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.