Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bonus unit wiper blades (resized).JPG
Bonus unit (resized).JPG
Space_Mission_Instruction_Manual_Bonus_Unit (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi and thanks!
Everything is working fine on Space Odyssey and the bonus scores normally, but it doesn't light. The first two (1000 and 2000) will light if I hold down a switch that advances the bonus, but the others don't light at all.
(I think) I've checked all the easy stuff, like fuses and bulbs. This seems like something easy I'm missing but I guess it's not easy to me!

By the way if anyone needs help on my few other games (Humpty Dumpty, Lady Robin Hood, Aloha, Gigi, Sing Along, and the 1979 Star Trek), or anything related, it would be the least I could do for some help on this one.

I do have the schematic downloaded from ipdb but if anyone says "check the schematic" I might commit seppuku since I can barely read those. I'm too dense for any of the youtube videos and such for "how to read a schematic" to have helped so far -_-

#2 3 years ago

There is a manual for Space Mission, the 4 player version of this game on IPDB.org. It shows the Bonus Unit wipers and where the contacts for the Bonus Lights are. It may be the same for your game.

Space_Mission_Instruction_Manual_Bonus_Unit (resized).jpgSpace_Mission_Instruction_Manual_Bonus_Unit (resized).jpg

It may be that your Bonus Unit needs cleaning, or that the wipers and contacts aren't making a good connection, or that there is an issue with the wires or solder lugs along the edge.

/Mark

#3 3 years ago

I suspect the wiper finger is not making good contact on the bonus unit. (normally under the playfield).

Bonus unit (resized).JPGBonus unit (resized).JPGbonus unit wiper blades (resized).JPGbonus unit wiper blades (resized).JPG
#4 3 years ago

MarkG posted while I was writing mine!!

#5 3 years ago

Thanks very much! I didn't see that manual there and that probably explains it. I'll be back after I check stuff.

#6 3 years ago

Wow thanks so much guys! That middle stepper finger is just barely off - visually it appears to be making contact but it's just off enough. The bonus lights come on when I push it to make better contact. A touch of better adjustment and I'm done. Thanks!

#7 3 years ago

Ok actually it turned out to be a loose wire behind the stepper, which I didn't see till I was pushing on the fingers to test the contacts. Well anyway this advice helped me find it in a roundabout way. Lol. I never would have seen that otherwise as the wire appears to be attached well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-odyssey-bonus-not-lighting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.