Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by rolf_martin_062
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0Space-Odyssey-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#1 12 days ago

I am doing work on a Williams Space Odyssey and the machine tilts when the ball travels thru the spinner lane and activates the rollover switch. Strangely, the manual states that this switch is connected to the tilt relay thru the ball index switch, so it seems that this is happening by design, which, of course, is not true. Can anyone describe the normal operation of this circuit?

#2 12 days ago

Hi D-Gottlieb
You are on the unique Tilt-Rollover feature - read here https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1072 .
The Space Mission and Space Oddyssey have it too (not mentioned in ipdb) --- see here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grand-prix-lr-bonus-advance-always-pulse-simultaneously#post-4312893 . Greetings Rolf

#3 12 days ago

Thanks, Rolf. There is no gate on this pin, and the spinner needs to score before this rollover can be activated, anyway. If I can't find the bad connection causing it to tilt then I will just disconnect it.

#4 12 days ago

Hi D-Gottlieb
here - https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2254&picno=45795 - the lane on the left, upwards (Advance Bonus) has below the playfield a three-bladed Make-and-Make Switch. See the JPG - upper part is the original schematics. On the bottom of the JPG I show "reality in the pin".
When You launch a ball the Ball-Index-Relay is not yet pulling. You then make points - the Ball-Index-Relay pulls-in and stays pulling for the rest of the life of this ball. By pulling-in the Ball-Index-Relay opens the switch (encircled red).
I believe in Your pin this switch is faulty always closed. Greetings Rolf

0Space-Odyssey-Work-01 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 20.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 269.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.95
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside