(Topic ID: 74270)

Space Odyssey - 2nd Player Scoring on 1st Player

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Well here is an odd duck that I can't figure out.

2 Player Game and 1st Player Scores as it should, Switches over to Player 2 as it should but the Scoring all goes to Player 1.

I have serviced the Ball Count, Swinging Target, and Bonus Steppers and made sure they reset to their start position, clean, lubed, aligned with proper pressure for the wipers. Checked the Extra Ball and Player Relays and they are fine. Cleaned the Score Motor Switch that actuates the Ball Count Stepper as well.

My question is what controls the change over to Player 2 besides what I have already addressed? So What am I missing here?

Thoughts

Thanks,

Ken

#2 10 years ago

Never mind, solved my own problem. Wiper fingers on the Ball Count Unit were bent up from the previous owner so after several adjustments I now have it working 100%.

Thanks,

Ken

#3 10 years ago

Glad i could help.

#4 10 years ago

Great catch Ken.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Glad i could help.

Quoted from SteveFury:

Great catch Ken.

Thanks Guys.

I usually do not wait around for responses to questions long because I continue to try to solve the problem myself and usually by the time someone hands me a clue I have the problem solved. Guess that's why you rarely see a post from me stating a machine problem, it's because it's already been solved.

Ken

#6 10 years ago

Like me a light bulb eventually kicks in.

#7 10 years ago

Glad you found the problem. Williams put out some great titles in the mid 70s. I really liked Steve Fury's restoration thread on his Space Mission.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-odyssey-2nd-player-scoring-on-1st-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.