Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hawk370
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I saw the other post about the scoring issue that involved the kickout holes, I have the same issue with the scoring that will not stop until you shut it off. I didn't want to hijack his thread and since mine does not involve the kick out holes like his it may be a different issue.

So now to my issue, I am having a issue with the score reel not stopping after several items scored on the playfield or the swinging target scored several times will result in the same issue. I took a couple videos of the issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 7 years ago

Check the swinging target relay. This relay is effected by the swinging target and the two (left & right) top roll overs you show in the videos causing the problems. Also check those 3 switches for proper gap. After that, check your change relay (which is related to the swinging target relay) and the the 5000 relay.

After you fix the problem, replace those bumper skirts brother. A whole bumper rebuild will cost you about $5 each. Body, skirt, springs and new lamp socket. All at PBR.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Check the swinging target relay. This relay is effected by the swinging target and the two (left & right) top roll overs you show in the videos causing the problems. Also check those 3 switches for proper gap. After that, check your change relay (which is related to the swinging target relay) and the the 5000 relay.
After you fix the problem, replace those bumper skirts brother. A whole bumper rebuild will cost you about $5 each. Body, skirt, springs and new lamp socket. All at PBR.

Thanks I will take a look those tonight after work and post what I find.
just got the game so have not replace the skirts yet or shopped it. once its working 100% I will

#4 7 years ago

I took a look at it and you were right it was the 5000 point relay sticking on, non sure why though since all the switches appear to have a good gap. I took it apart and cleaned where the screw goes into the back and it stopped sticking not sure if the cleaning is related to it stopping or not. what causes relays to stick? Now I have a shooter relay that is sticking on but again I am not sure why, none of the switches are making contact any longer when it sticks. any recommendations? is there a specific cleaning method for relay coils?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-odyessy-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.