Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
SO (resized).jpg
0Space-Odyssey-Work-06 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
IMG_3892 (resized).JPG
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider belfi814.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

When lighting double bonus and the ball drains, there is no count down and score motor keep running racking up points the coil for counting down on score reel is energized and not pulsing to count down it's got me stumped any suggestions as to how i should go about fixing? any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

#3 5 years ago

ok, I checked both the gap points and the cleanliness of the contact both are fine. still the same problem. when double bonus is activated the coil responds and closes, when the ball drains the double bonus coil stays active and the coil on the count down reel stays activated and doesn't pulse to count down. all scoring is correct and score wheels add points. motor reel keeps turning with no count down. so frustrating. i thank you for the help any other suggestions?

#6 4 years ago

This is the pic from the step unit which counts down after the ball is drained. it works and pulses to count down bonus when the ball drains, when the double bonus is activated and when the ball drains this coils does not pulse and does not count down, is stays pulled in and no count down happens, thus putting points on the score. This step unit does not stick and is clean. I hope this will make a little better sense to what I'm trying to explain. Thanks for all your help. I kinda new to repairs so please be patient with me.

IMG_3892 (resized).JPGIMG_3892 (resized).JPG
#9 4 years ago

Thanks i will give these suggestions a try and see what happens. thanks

#10 4 years ago

The gaps and cleanliness of both scm-4-c and scm-5-b are good, still no pulsing going on. would the faulty switch give and indication by working sometimes then not? this has happened. if so how would I check to see if the switch is bad? conductivity? If conductivity where do i start? Doesn't conductivity come from the coil? If so which coil? I know this has to be something simple, just can't seem too pinpoint it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider belfi814.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-odyessy-double-bonus-not-working?tu=belfi814 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.