Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG
SO (resized).jpg
0Space-Odyssey-Work-06 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
IMG_3892 (resized).JPG
Pinball (resized).png

#1 6 months ago

When lighting double bonus and the ball drains, there is no count down and score motor keep running racking up points the coil for counting down on score reel is energized and not pulsing to count down it's got me stumped any suggestions as to how i should go about fixing? any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

#2 6 months ago

Hi belfi814 , welcome to pinside!

If this only happens when scoring double bonus, check this switch on the Double Bonus relay.

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

Pinball (resized).png

#3 6 months ago

ok, I checked both the gap points and the cleanliness of the contact both are fine. still the same problem. when double bonus is activated the coil responds and closes, when the ball drains the double bonus coil stays active and the coil on the count down reel stays activated and doesn't pulse to count down. all scoring is correct and score wheels add points. motor reel keeps turning with no count down. so frustrating. i thank you for the help any other suggestions?

#4 6 months ago

is that on a stepper? is the stepper sticking due to sludge?

#5 6 months ago
Quoted from belfi814:

ok, I checked both the gap points and the cleanliness of the contact both are fine. still the same problem. when double bonus is activated the coil responds and closes, when the ball drains the double bonus coil stays active and the coil on the count down reel stays activated and doesn't pulse to count down. all scoring is correct and score wheels add points. motor reel keeps turning with no count down. so frustrating. i thank you for the help any other suggestions?

I don't really understand what you mean by "the double bonus coil" or the "count down reel"

#6 6 months ago

This is the pic from the step unit which counts down after the ball is drained. it works and pulses to count down bonus when the ball drains, when the double bonus is activated and when the ball drains this coils does not pulse and does not count down, is stays pulled in and no count down happens, thus putting points on the score. This step unit does not stick and is clean. I hope this will make a little better sense to what I'm trying to explain. Thanks for all your help. I kinda new to repairs so please be patient with me.

IMG_3892 (resized).JPG
#7 6 months ago

Check the make/break on score motor sw. 4C and also that normally open Double Bonus sw. (SM switches count from the bottom up, and refer to the schematic for the correct switch stack)

Capture (resized).PNG
#8 6 months ago

Hi belfi814 +
the "Bonus Unit Reset Coil" in Your pin works fine in Single-Bonus --- but pulls-in, stays pulling in Double-Bonus. See the JPG --- as soon as the Double-Bonus-Relay is made to pull: Its switch is moved (this is O.K.) - but then a fault "SCM-4-C and/or SCM-5-B faulty closed" does show-up. Greetings Rolf

0Space-Odyssey-Work-06 (resized).jpg
#9 6 months ago

Thanks i will give these suggestions a try and see what happens. thanks

#10 6 months ago

The gaps and cleanliness of both scm-4-c and scm-5-b are good, still no pulsing going on. would the faulty switch give and indication by working sometimes then not? this has happened. if so how would I check to see if the switch is bad? conductivity? If conductivity where do i start? Doesn't conductivity come from the coil? If so which coil? I know this has to be something simple, just can't seem too pinpoint it.

2 weeks later
#11 5 months ago

Hi belfi814
I beg Your pardon --- I forgot about Your topic. I do have an running Space Mission and I want to help You with Your Space Odyssey. Unfortunately the schematics differ in this (delicate) feature on single bonus / double bonus. Where are You in troubleshooting ? Want to make another attempt ?

Fellow pinsiders - do You have an running Space Odyssey - and want to help ? Sneaking-in a stripe of paper inbetween the switchblades on a Score-Motor-Switch and report the pins reaction ? So we learn about "Space Odyssey schematics true/ correct --- schematics faulty on the subject" ? Greetings Rolf

#12 5 months ago

Are the switch stacks on the scoring motor complete? All the spacers are present?

#13 5 months ago

I have this exact same issue on my space odyssey. It worked for many years properly but now does not count down when double is activated. I started a thread about it a while back but I do not understand any of this to attempt a repair.

#14 5 months ago

Did you check this NO sw. on Double Bonus relay?

SO (resized).jpg
#15 5 months ago

Did you check the M/B sw. C on Double Bonus? It is not the one noted in post #2.

Capture (resized).PNG

#16 5 months ago

Hi yzfguy
we were writing in Your topic some month ago - do You want to revive the topic ? Greetings Rolf

#17 5 months ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi yzfguy
we were writing in Your topic some month ago - do You want to revive the topic ? Greetings Rolf

I think I'm just a weenie that can't picture what the real life part is based on line diagrams. I think it's going to take seeing a picture of the part and it's location for me to understand what to clean/gap. I do appreciate your efforts on here

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 315.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
liorillusion
$ 42.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside