• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Hi Pinsiders. After cleaning my Space Mission I have the following problem:

1- Machine is turned on and Game Over is indicated with previous game info.

2- Press credit button and machine resets scores and ball count but instead of One player it always go to Two players. After that, machine plays well all balls for two players (or three or four if pressing credit button two or three times) and game over.

I suspect the problem is with Coin Unit so I cleaned, reassembled and adjusted it to no avail. I should mention that very seldom when pressing credit button powering on, the machine does go to one player.

Any suggestions appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

It could be a mechanical problem. Does the coin unit Reset solenoid activate? Does the Coin Unit reset all the way to One player if you activate the Coin Unit Reset solenoid?

#3 5 years ago

Hi and thank you HowardR. The reset and step-up solenoids work well. If manually press the reset solenoid, the geared wheel goes all the way back to One player. When the reset is activated by the credit button, though, I can see that the wheel goes all the way back to One player but instantly steps up to two players.

I tried different tensions on the spring that moves back the wheel; cleaned the whole unit; changed various positions for the contacts that are pressed by the pin on the wheel but without success.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob1:

When the reset is activated by the credit button, though, I can see that the wheel goes all the way back to One player but instantly steps up to two players.

It's likely the wheel needs to be loosened and moved. Mark the spot it should be at for '1'.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks currieddog. I removed the wheel, cleaned and re-installed. The wheel it's attached to its axle with a rectangular slot that doesn't permit altering its position. Furthermore, when resetting manually it goes back to One player.

#6 5 years ago

Let me clarify what's happening. When I press the Credit button one time after turning on the pin, the Coin unit resets to One player and right immediately moves to Two players. This action is almost instantaneous i.e. like rebounding. If I do the resetting manually it stays in One player.
Somehow when pressing the Credit button the resetting ads one credit.

#7 5 years ago

There are other possibilities but start by checking the operation of this switch.

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#8 5 years ago

Problem Solved! As indicated by HowardR, Coin Relay contacts were not contacting properly. I reviewed contacts, aligned them and voila!

Thank you HowardR for your time and help. I put this thread now to rest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-starts-at-player-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.