Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by MT45
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Space Mission credit button (resized).jpg
345613D7-E093-4916-BA2F-2A560D3CD76F (resized).jpeg

#1 11 days ago

Got a Space Mission that I am doing a complete restore on.

I've fixed a bunch of issues with the game BUT have not tackled the below one yet:

I've got it set to free play by shorting the top switch on the credit wheel to closed AND ...
I can push 1 or 2 players and game functions as it should - perfect BUT ...
I can NOT get the 3rd or 4th players to register as credit and allow gameplay

Any thoughts on first place to look?

#2 11 days ago

When you hit the replay button it should:
- fire the Credit Unit subtract solenoid and
- fire the Coin relay which
- starts the Score Motor which
- advances the Total Play meter and
- advances the Coin Unit

It sounds like all of these are happening for players 1 and 2, but you should probably double check. How far through the list do you get for player 3?

/Mark

#3 11 days ago

Thanks Mark. I just ran out to the pole barn where I’m working on this one. Here is what happens:

Everything happens in order for player 1, same for player 2.

When I hit credit button again there is absolutely no activity. No sounds, no movement. Nothing. Not sure if it has something to do with how the quarter Jones plug is set? Each setting appears to determine how many plays you get per coin. Not sure if this influences anything when set to free play? See pic

345613D7-E093-4916-BA2F-2A560D3CD76F (resized).jpeg
#4 11 days ago

If nothing happens when you press the credit button you need to sort out this circuit:
Space Mission credit button (resized).jpg
It could be that one of the switches in the red box is closed when adding player 2 but open when you try to add player 3. It's possible but maybe less likely that either the Reset relay or Score Motor index switch on the left opens after player 2 is added.

If you have a alligator clip test lead, clip it in around the switches one at a time to see if bypassing the switch gets things going.

#5 11 days ago

OK. That helped! Thanks so much. When I watched the coin unit it looked like the switch was closed in player 1 & 2 but looked open after that. If I lightly pushed down on that switch to force it closed AND pushed the credit button ... voila, for the first time ever it added a player 3. I then repeated the process to add player 4! Now what is causing the stepper or the solenoid to either not rotate that wheel enough to drive the index pin hard enough to that switch OR is it simply a switch adjustment to make it tighter ?

#6 11 days ago

Hmm. That switch doesn't look right. It's bent over much more than it should be. Did you disassemble that stepper? It looks like the pin should be below the long or traveling switch leaf and the switch should be normally closed. Each time you hit the credit button the Coin Unit advances and the pin moves up until at the last (4th?) step the pin opens the switch which disables the Replay button.

#7 11 days ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Hmm. That switch doesn't look right. It's bent over much more than it should be. Did you disassemble that stepper? It looks like the pin should be below the long or traveling switch leaf and the switch should be normally closed. Each time you hit the credit button the Coin Unit advances and the pin moves up until at the last (4th?) step the pin opens the switch which disables the Replay button.

I’ll take a look tonight. I did not disassemble the stepper but you can tell someone did some work in there because there are fresh sandpaper marks on the contact side so who knows who did what. I’ll also try to get a picture or vid from the internet where this stepper is in a known and working config

#8 11 days ago

I think the switch leaf is on the wrong side of the actuating pin.

#9 8 days ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

I think the switch leaf is on the wrong side of the actuating pin.

Yup - spot on. Watched how the coin unit worked and its relationship to the leaf switch and moved it to the top, then adjusted accordingly. Works like a champ now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
725 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bayville , NJ
$ 36.00
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 149.00
$ 26.95
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 149.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside