• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191207_094648 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Space Mission High Score logic.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballman3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have a 1976 Williams Space Mission machine that i have working most of the way. I have two problems left i have not figured out. The first is the machine will only give free games at the pre determined scores on player 4 only. Player 1,2 and 3 it will not give free games when you get those scores. The second thing is the 100,000 light does not come on when it should sometimes. What actually tells the 100,000 light to turn on for each player. Thanks for any help.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks HowardR for the reply. I got the 100,000 lights all coming on when they should now. It was dirty switches on the 100,000 relays. Now I need to figure out the 4th player only getting free games from the scores.

#6 4 years ago

I looked at all of the 1000 and 10000 score reels for players 1,2 and 3. The boards don't look bad. They look just like the 1000 and 10000 boards on player 4. There is no gunk. It just seems weird all 3 players would have the same issue. It could be though. Is there anyway all 3 could be from the same single issue? If I don't get any suggestions to try I guess I will try cleaning the 1st player 1000 and 10000 reel boards in the morning. See if it makes the 1st player work. If it does I will do the other 2 players.

#9 4 years ago

I was not able to get back to this yet. I am going to try to mess with it this weekend if I can. I will report back once I do. Thanks everyone.

#10 4 years ago

Am I assuming correctly that the problem for 1-3 players has to be between the blue lines since 4th player works and it has to use all of the other stuff in the circuit? Thanks

20191207_094648 (resized).png20191207_094648 (resized).png
#12 4 years ago

I am going to try to use the jumper wires to try to figure this out. I am a little confused on how the score drum units work. As far as knowing what score it is looking for to give a free game. Like how it would look if you had the first high score set to 114,000 and trying to trouble shoot it. What wires it would use on the drum units. Do they start from left on schematic and go 1 2 3 4 or maybe 0 1 2 3 ect. Thanks

#14 4 years ago

I decided to try and clean the score reel units first and see. So I cleaned the 10,000 score reel on player 1 and then tried it and it worked right. So I thought I will try the same on player 2 and 3. I did and guess what they worked. So all 4 players will now award the free games for all three scores. Thanks for everyone's help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballman3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-odd-problems?tu=pinballman3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.