• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
#1 4 years ago

Manual @ ipdb:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/2253/Williams_1976_Space_Mission_Instruction_Manual_Jan_1976_no_schematics.pdf

Schematic @ ipdb:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/2253/Williams_1976_Space_Mission_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

Just picked up a Williams 1977 Space Mission.
Everything worked prior to transport.
As typical with EM's - not the same when set up at home.

After cleaning jones plugs and soldering a broken score reel wire everything works {resets all score reels, delivers ball, flips, chimes, adds bonus, counts down bonus, doubles the bonus, slings, bumpers, moving target, holes -- all work! } Plays all players, ball count advances and game ends as it should.

BUT

No scoring. Not a point. No matter what player, no matter what ball. Manually advance reels and they reset perfectly at next start up.

100's will not advance 1000's when stroked manually through a complete rotation, same for 1000>10000.

If I manually move the switch-ladder on the 100 1000 10000 point score relays ONLY the 100 causes a score reel to advance - always Player Two no matter what player is currently up.

Sign me Mystified in Maine

Tom

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

No scoring. Not a point.

It could be the M/B on the Tilt relay.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 4 years ago

Thanks for looking in currieddog.

This morning was my first look at the schematic on a useful size screen and that was my first "hmmm". Will be looking there when I get back to the machine Wed. morn -- working away when a machine is in the infirmary is sooo hard!

#4 4 years ago

Exactly IT!
Thanks currieddog . I looked at the switch, it looked a moved fine. Cleaned it. No change. But as you pointed out the only likelihood I saw, I went back and was a bit more aggressive! The reels started spinning as they should.

Now to start a thread for a match unit issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-not-scoring?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.