5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Here we go again. I love this machine but it’s not a reciprocal love. (So far). Anyway, I’ve worked through quite a few issues with this beauty thanks to the knowledgeable people on here but alas, a new one has popped up. One of the only things that were abused on this machine by the previous owner was a couple of N/C switches that were mangled on the Game Over relay. I finally got them gapped properly and lately the game has been playing great. 2 things recently happened though. Tried to start a game up on Monday and when I hit the credit button, the Game Over light stayed on and didn’t kick the ball out of the outhole to start the game although the score reels reset properly and the credit reel moved from 2 to 1 like it was supposed to. After pushing the start button again it reset everything and started a game fine. Then I and some friends played a few 4 player games (first time I played more than 1 Player on this game) and everything worked fine till the next day. Now when I try to start a game, the score reels reset to Zero but nothing else does. The ball doesn’t kick from the outhole, the Game Over light stays on and the Game Over relay latch doesn’t latch, the Player unit and ball count units don’t reset either. Also, the ‘4’ light on the ‘1-4’ Can Play stays on and doesn’t reset either. I checked the coin relay and reset relay and they close and open on startup as I assume they are supposed to. Any help would be most appreciated. Not sure where to start.

#2 5 years ago

One more thing that’s not right is when I hit the credit button, the score motor starts up and resets as well as the Coin Relay and Reset Relay even though I have no credits left on the credit wheel. I should be getting nothing there.

#3 5 years ago

Lastly in case this helps with diagnosing. I can add credits and manually reset the Ball Count Unit and then the Game Over Relay latch and then play a game. Everything plays like it should except that it stays in 4 Player mode. After playing a 4 player game like that, the Game Over light comes on like it should but once again, when I try to start another game, nothing resets except the score reels.

#4 5 years ago

Figured out what was wrong myself. The 1st Make/Break switch on the Reset Relay was just barely gapped too much and was not making contact. The whole Reset Relay bank had loosened up from the bottom board. Resetting like it should now. Maybe this will help someone down the road.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-not-resetting?tu=Sea_Wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.