You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

43711D0E-E304-4A8B-97B3-2C43D69EF545 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

A few weeks ago it was awarding credits for reaching 3 different high scores but for some reason it doesn’t now. It does award replays for a match and specials like it should.

I checked and cleaned the wipers and traces on the 1st player 1000s reel and 10000 reel but it didn’t help. Then I noticed it’s the same on all 4 players. No replay awarded for high scores.

I checked the 3 score adjustment plugs in the back and the wiring. All good. I also checked the last make/break switch on the game over relay and cleaned it. It seems to be tripping and making solid contact when it’s supposed to. Game is flawless other than this issue.

Any suggestions? Thanks

#2 4 years ago

If the 1st player doesn't award a replay when set up to do that at 101,000 Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the 1st player doesn't award a replay when set up to do that at 101,000 Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features[quoted image]

Thanks Howard. I’ll be on it tomorrow.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

It does award replays for a match and specials like it should.

I thought it was either/or for match credit/extra ball, ie-you can't get a match credit if you have switch set to extra ball.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

I thought it was either/or for match credit/extra ball, ie-you can't get a match credit if you have switch set to extra ball.[quoted image]

Here’s a pic of how mine is set up. You can see that the Number Match Plug is on and the Play Adjustment plug is on ‘Credit’, not on ‘Extra ball’. So it awards on a Match and a Special but for some reason not on high scores. Wondering if I have a wire broken off that I’m not seeing. It was awarding replays for high score and I’ve not opened the machine up since until it stopped functioning for high score credits.

Howard’s idea might require a phone call if he’s got time. I’m just now starting to understand schematics but still not comfortable enough to read where to jumper on drawing.

43711D0E-E304-4A8B-97B3-2C43D69EF545 (resized).jpeg43711D0E-E304-4A8B-97B3-2C43D69EF545 (resized).jpeg
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Howard’s idea might require a phone call if he’s got time. I’m just now starting to understand schematics but still not comfortable enough to read where to jumper on drawing.

I had a SM and I see to remember that it didn't do both. I know that Howard has helped a lot of people via phone calls so go for it!!

#7 4 years ago

If you'd like to try a phone call, send me your cellphone number in a private message and I'll make a first reply with a text message.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If you'd like to try a phone call, send me your cellphone number in a private message and I'll make a first reply with a text message.

Will do. Thanks.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:I had a SM and I see to remember that it didn't do both. I know that Howard has helped a lot of people via phone calls so go for it!!

I’ll double check. I’m sure I’m missing something. Thanks.

#10 4 years ago

If it does the same thing for all four players, then that most likely eliminates the big section between the two player unit switches in Howard's schematics. And if the outlane specials work when A/B/C are lit, then that eliminates the section to the left of the 1000 pt relay switch at the top of the schematic. If the tilt relay switch on the bottom/right of the schematic wasn't working, then none of the scoring above it would work .. so that can be eliminated too.

Seems like the best things for you to check are the player unit switches/contacts going in and out of the high-score logic, and the 1000 pt relay switch coming out of the high-score logic. Since you say it suddenly stopped working, you might have a disconnected wire or something else that worked loose. Not much you can do to find that except follow the wires using the wire colors in the schematics.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

I had a SM and I see to remember that it didn't do both.

It could be that it locked into my head because another machine was set up that way, soo ...

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from LeChuck:

If it does the same thing for all four players, then that most likely eliminates the big section between the two player unit switches in Howard's schematics. And if the outlane specials work when A/B/C are lit, then that eliminates the section to the left of the 1000 pt relay switch at the top of the schematic. If the tilt relay switch on the bottom/right of the schematic wasn't working, then none of the scoring above it would work .. so that can be eliminated too.
Seems like the best things for you to check are the player unit switches/contacts going in and out of the high-score logic, and the 1000 pt relay switch coming out of the high-score logic. Since you say it suddenly stopped working, you might have a disconnected wire or something else that worked loose. Not much you can do to find that except follow the wires using the wire colors in the schematics.

Thanks. It’s good to have a couple more possibilities to check out. I’ll report back soon.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

It could be that it locked into my head because another machine was set up that way, soo ...

Ha ha no worries. I thought that might be the case. Thanks for responding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-not-awarding-replays-for-high-scores and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.