IMG_1557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1486 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Hello all,

I'm working on a Space Mission that has seen alot of "love",

I purchased a new backglass from Marco and received it yesterday and looks like the art is peeling away from the glass, there is one place where there is a raised bubble on the back of the glass.

I'm guessing this is from improper storage or maybe too much heat in a warehouse, just not sure if this is normal or what I should expect for $300.

The glass came newly sealed and had an official gold Williams / Bally sticker on it with serial number, I would't think this is NOS... but probably just licensing not sure where it was actually manufactured.

I've attached some pictures and thank you for your time.

IMG_1481 (resized).jpegIMG_1481 (resized).jpegIMG_1484 (resized).jpegIMG_1484 (resized).jpegIMG_1486 (resized).jpegIMG_1486 (resized).jpegIMG_1487 (resized).jpegIMG_1487 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

Document everything. Contact your credit card company and inform them of the situation. Contact the place you bought it from and explain it is defective and you want a replacement or a credit. If you can not reach acceptable remediation, contact the card company again and tell them you want to file a chargeback for the defective item you were sent.

If people continue to accept poor quality, then manufacturers will continue to provide poor quality.

#3 2 years ago

I’ve never had a problem with Marco’s, I would just contact them then go from there.

#4 2 years ago

It probably came from here and Marco resold it.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/space-mission/

#5 2 years ago

That’s what I’m thinking, it looks identical but here are the labels on packaging.

IMG_1557 (resized).jpegIMG_1557 (resized).jpegIMG_1558 (resized).jpegIMG_1558 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6 2 years ago

Marco ended up taking it back without hesitation - always have had good customer service with them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-new-backglass-imperfections-art-peeling and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.