I picked up a Space Mission that "worked fine when we put it in storage". Needless to say, it doesn't work fine now and seems to have a number of issues that all together are tough for me to diagnose. Basically I don't know where to start. Here's what happens when I turn it on.
1) There is no playfield GI when plugged in. Backbox lights fine.
2) Reset button resets reels and serves ball to trough.
3) Plunging ball will activate all of the playfield features (bumpers bump, kickers kick) but none of them score points or activate chimes. Interestingly, when it tries to score points from activating features, the playfield GI does flash briefly.
4) The swinging target swings and activates when hit, again no points are scored.
5) When drained, bonus counts down without scoriing on reels, and the ball is served up again without advancing player or ball.
I've checked all of the relays to make sure the switches are aligned correctly, although I haven't gotten into the score motor or reels. Any advice on where to begin would be really appreciated. I'm willing to try anything, including reading the schematics, I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks a ton in advance.