You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
space mission lights (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

My space mission has been working fine. It has always done a weird thing where when it starts and the score reels reset... even if players 2-4 are all on zeros... some of the 2-4 reels (100s and 1000 I think) also spin around in unison. They all eventually stop and everything is reset. Why are all these reels moving when it should only be resetting player one? No issues in in scoring while playing.

#2 1 year ago

Each score reel has a switch that's responsible for making it stop turning during reset when it's on zero. Check the adjustment of those switches on the reels that turn during reset even when on zero.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Check the adjustment of those switches

Yup that did it. Thx! There were so many reels doing the same thing that I thought it might be something else.

Can you answer another schematic question for me? The points rollover 100,000 light on the backbox randomly will turn on for player 1 and 3 sometimes. It still turns on like it should when going over 99,999 but sometimes it is lit at the start of the game.

Also, the player turn 1-4 lights sometimes work and sometimes don't. They are either all working or all not.

Can you direct me to the switches I need to clean or adjust for these things?

space mission lights (resized).jpgspace mission lights (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from SDM0:

The points rollover 100,000 light on the backbox randomly will turn on for player 1 and 3 sometimes. It still turns on like it should when going over 99,999 but sometimes it is lit at the start of the game.

All 4 100k latch coils are hooked together in parallel so this could be a mechanical problem in some of the 4 100,000 point relays in the backbox

Quoted from SDM0:

the player turn 1-4 lights sometimes work and sometimes don't. They are either all working or all not.

Check this switch on the Game Over relay

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5 1 year ago

The wire colors on the schematic shows switch D normally open switch is the switch to check.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Check this switch on the Game Over relay

Thanks I got it! Just 2 more questions...

I took the 100 unit score reel (3rd player) out to clean something off it and now it doesn't work at all. Like nothing. When you try to play a game with player 3 - and hit a 100 pt target on the playfield. The 100 pt relay activates and holds and wont let go until it moves on to the next player. As long as it is on zero, everything resets and the game starts and even all the other reels on player 3 work... just not the 100 reel. I looked at the wires and nothing looked loose.

Also, the Shoot Again light on the backbox goes on and off. There are two lamps that light it and I dont think they both can go in and out at the same time. Seems like another switch I need to find.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from SDM0:

I took the 100 unit score reel (3rd player) out to clean something off it and now it doesn't work at all. Like nothing. When you try to play a game with player 3 - and hit a 100 pt target on the playfield. The 100 pt relay activates and holds and wont let go until it moves on to the next player. As long as it is on zero, everything resets and the game starts and even all the other reels on player 3 work... just not the 100 reel. I looked at the wires and nothing looked loose.

If the 3rd player 100 point score reel won't reset or score the wiring to it is probably OK. If it doesn't try to pull in, and you don't see anything wrong with it when you shine a bright light at it and stare at it, try swapping the coil with another score reel, to see if the problem moves or stays on player 3 / 100.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-many-reels-a-movin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.