Stack.jpg
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_4186.JPG
Screenshot_(36).png
coin_after.JPG
coin_before.JPG
coin_before.JPG
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

follow up
good call steve that switch was to close i adjusted it out a little bit and works well now
game resets well

how about that jones plug

#52 10 years ago

The coin door humming is probably the coin lockout coil in the picture. There's really nothing else on the door that can hum or buzz.
The function of the coil is to direct any inserted coins back to the coin return slot if the machine is switched off. It consists of the coil itself, which operates a sliding bar inside the door... which in turn pivots a couple stiff wires that protrude into the coin mechanisms to redirect the coins.

The coil itself has no consequence in game play and a lot of people simply disconnect a wire off of one side of the coil to disable it. If you simply cut a wire off of the coil then you can leave the coil as it is and all inserted coins will be returned to the coin return.
You can "adjust" the coil so the armature is pressed against the coil (as if it's on) and the coin mechs will process the coin and drop it through the switch and into the coin box, even if the machine is off.

Have you (or plan to) go through and clean/service the coin door? Old soda, rust and crap can cause the sliding bar to stick or bind, causing the mechanism to buzz.

I prefer everything works in my games and the decision to disable the lockout coil is arbitrary person to person. Either way is perfectly fine.

Lockout.jpgLockout.jpg

#53 10 years ago

follow up
thanks steve just had to push the plate in a bit on the coil no humming anymore

ok now it's not advancing the ball count it's playing ball 1 all the time
even if 4 player game is up
help

#54 10 years ago

The machine was just previously operating the Ball Count Step Up solenoid before you adjusted a switch on the Index relay (Although operating at the wrong time). Now its not operating at all after the switch adjustment? Clean that switch again, check its adjustment and test it again.

#55 10 years ago

ok did that and i found that it's doing one or the other and i am adjusting the b switch
start a game with it starting on ball one adjusting the switch a little at a time and it stays on ball one
when it does switch to ball two i yurn the game off and it starts on ball two and works 3 4 5 end of game
help steve

#56 10 years ago

ok also found that the extra ball lite never lights

#57 10 years ago

ok still resets to 2 nd ball
have been looking at the schematic and looking at the extra ball light section i don't see where the extra ball relay is and there is no mention in the manual HELP i think these are the last two things
as far as the switches been playing with the game the way it is and everything else is working

#58 10 years ago

ok new
extra ball is working but not lighting still resets to ball two
help please

#59 10 years ago

follow up
fixed the no litighting extra ball light it was a switch on the inpulse sw fwd loosened the stack and adjusted them until the light came on for the extra ball rollover

now only one thing left
why is the start up sequence putting a advance ball into the sequence

ball 1 is lit almost all the way through the sequence and then it adds a ball advance

please any help will be appreciated

this is the last problem i have

thanks in advance

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-help-please/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.