Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

i have a space mission game plays one player well but when i try a2 or 3 player it will play a four player game even though the 3 can play light is on the back glass then it gets stuck on player 4 ,the player unit in the back seems fine
but i noticed the player reset relay does not always fire after the last players ball drops wether its 2, 3 or 4 player game
it usually works with one player ok .should it fire after the last players turn is over ?is this controlled by a stack in the switch motor ? or am i wrong and should i be looking elsewhere .the ball count was also gets stuck sometimes,it fires by does not always seem to push enough to advance ball count, will clean it up again and clean the advance selenoid
really could use your help ,and thanks in advance for your help

#2 8 years ago

Clean up the ball unit, player unit and the bonus unit. The springs on all are probably worn and the mechs are probably gummy if you have never cleaned them. A little TLC will go a long way. One player works great because the player stepper doesn't get involved which is where most of the fault likely lies. The signal to advance player or reset to player one relays through the switch in the ball drain. From there it goes through the ball unit and player unit. The light for how many players are playing comes through the coin unit.

Get some 91% alcohol, q-tips and a few rags and take lots of pictures and go slow. That is a great game you have there and it needs a little love.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks will do. I'll let you know how I make out and i agree it is a great game

#4 8 years ago

cleaned up the units you suggested and presto works great.it was the ball unit that was the culprit ,then the ball return didn't always have enough oomph to pop the ball all the way back to shooter lane so i cleaned up that selanoid too with some alcohol and another long standing problem solved .learned a lesson too ,keep it simple ! a good cleaning goes along way ,thanks for the help and steering me on the right track

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-gets-stuck-on-player-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.