Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Knxwledge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi Pinside, I got a Space Mission 4-Player for $350 a while back, and am trying to diagnose some problems. This is my first pinball game, and my first EM machine, so completely new territory for me.

One of them is the credit reel. The game has been rewired for free play in some fashion, because I can just hit the start button and the game tries to start. When I do so, the credit reel attempts to turn over to 1, but it binds up and doesn't move. Linked below is a Google Drive with images and a video of the problem area. Any help is appreciated!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YjKIKY27BzyrBZ5kmeq3AI2qC59aVKoC

(Since taking the pics/video, I moved that one spring that's not held on by the hook, and hooked it onto that arm. That did not seem to affect anything, but that didn't look right to me, so I'll keep it on the hook of the spring)

#2 5 years ago

In your video, is your friend holding the start button in or quickly pushing it and letting go?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

In your video, is your friend holding the start button in or quickly pushing it and letting go?

Pressing it and letting go

#4 5 years ago

You need to clean the credit stepper unit, clean the coils and replace the coil sleeves. If problem persists, you can always disconnect the hot wire going to the step down coil. The unit will not function, but you don’t need it in a home environment.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

You need to clean the credit stepper unit, clean the coils and replace the coil sleeves. If problem persists, you can always disconnect the hot wire going to the step down coil. The unit will not function, but you don’t need it in a home environment.

Thanks for the advice. My gut instinct was to just take it off and clean it, but I figure I'd ask first. Will do research on the coil, I bought a tune-up kit that included 5 coil sleeves, so I've got the replacement part already. What should I use to clean it? I'm thinking q-tips and isopropyrol alcohol?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-credit-reel-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.