• Latest reply 6 years ago by pheff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Just purchased a nice Space Mission for the arcade, and seem to have "most" of the bugs worked out. Only issue I have left is every time I start a new game, its always 4 player. Any insight would be appreciated!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Guru-420:

Just purchased a nice Space Mission for the arcade, and seem to have "most" of the bugs worked out. Only issue I have left is every time I start a new game, its always 4 player. Any insight would be appreciated!

Check the player count unit, gummed up would be my guess and stuck on player four.

#3 6 years ago

Maybe I should clarify, it always is a 4 player game. It cycles properly through each players turn on each ball, its just 1 credit equals a 4 player game. Would your suggested fix still apply? Any idea which unit it may be or possible location? Some of my labels are missing.. Thanks!

#4 6 years ago

There are 2 units that control players. The Player unit controls which player is up. The Coin unit controls how many players there are. Check that the Coin unit resets to single player mode.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

2 weeks later
#5 6 years ago

Guru-420, Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same problem on a Bally game. There are two cycles 1) Reset and 2) Outhole. On my machine the initial reset works fine resetting the Player unit back to 1 player. But on the outhole (end of ball) the Player Up unit is energized and going to the next player even though only 1 coin was played.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-always-4-player-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.