SJafter3 (resized).jpg
SJafter8 (resized).jpg
SJafter9 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190322_150831 (resized).jpg
Space Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets print2.JPG
Space Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets print1.JPG
Space Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets. Restored Mikonos1.jpg
Space Jam Pinball Classic Basket Target print2.JPG
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Wood filler would be the best bet

3 months later
#52 4 years ago

Just wanted to share some photos of a recent Space Jam Restoration I did a few months ago (New Playfield, New Cab Decals, New Goals, and inner Sideart Decals ). Other examples on www.pookiespinballs.com.

Great working with this wonderful pinsider "BladeRunner" on his great games.

thanks
Perry

SJafter10 (resized).jpgSJafter10 (resized).jpgSJafter3 (resized).jpgSJafter3 (resized).jpgSJafter9 (resized).jpgSJafter9 (resized).jpgSJafter8 (resized).jpgSJafter8 (resized).jpg
#53 4 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Just wanted to share some photos of a recent Space Jam Restoration I did a few months ago (New Playfield, New Cab Decals, New Goals, and inner Sideart Decals ). Other examples on www.pookiespinballs.com.
thanks
Perry[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW looks awesome. Where did you find a new playfield?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

thanks
Perry[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

DAYYYYYUMMMM! Wish my Wabbit Hole looked like that. Great looking game!

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

DAYYYYYUMMMM! Wish my Wabbit Hole looked like that. Great looking game!

That just did not sound right!
On the other hand Perry does a spectacular job!
I think I am the only person that likes SK enough for an extensive restoration including new playfield)
Thank you Perry!

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Thank you Perry!

Glad to help anytime! I enjoy working with such a passionate collector as yourself.

p

7 months later
#57 4 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

I have seen only two basketballs for sale over the last 3 years. I bought a NOS one but was expensive at $70
A mint used one sold for $40.00

I’m surprised that no mod makers with With a digital printer have jumped on this. Everyone that has a game would probably buy 2 one to use and one for a spare.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

I’m surprised that no mod makers with With a digital printer have jumped on this. Everyone that has a game would probably buy 2 one to use and one for a spare.

Hmmm you have given me an idea lol

#59 4 years ago

I got these in the mail today from E-bay. I’m going to put them in my game. I’m going to put roadrunner and Taz each buy their orbit.

6EF95363-77A0-4B48-B893-D0643245E140 (resized).jpeg6EF95363-77A0-4B48-B893-D0643245E140 (resized).jpeg
#60 4 years ago

I’m working on some mods. I will post pics if I feel they look decent when I get done.

#61 4 years ago

Anyone have a new PF for sale?

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

I was talking to Cliffy and he has made a new, wider wabbit hole protector

[quoted image]

I bought an earlier cliffy for my SJ and couldn't get the ball to sit down in the wabbit hole anymore from a direct flipper shot. Can't remember what that cliffy looked like as I took it off and got rid off it.
Does this new cliffy allow a direct flipper shot without ball bouncing out of the hole?

#63 4 years ago

I have one of the new cliffys coming in the mail. I’ll let you know how it works out for me.

#64 4 years ago

I have one of the new cliffys coming in the mail. I’ll let you know how it works out for me.

Please do! I want to cover up some wabbit hole border ugliness! LOL
See my post #48 in this same thread from 11 months ago.

#65 4 years ago

Here is what the new Cliffy protector looks like installed. It does not hinder the ball from going in the hole. It’s a good product from him like always.

5883D080-EE48-42CB-A86F-2811314C685B (resized).jpeg5883D080-EE48-42CB-A86F-2811314C685B (resized).jpeg81DFF12E-C0D5-4EC9-A056-1A0A81E679DD (resized).jpeg81DFF12E-C0D5-4EC9-A056-1A0A81E679DD (resized).jpeg
#66 4 years ago

Here is what the new Cliffy protector looks like installed. It does not hinder the ball from going in the hole. It’s a good product from him like always.[quoted image][quoted image]

How would I go about getting one of these?

#67 4 years ago

To get one of the new style cliffy wabbit hole protectors send him an email saying you want to purchase one and request him to send you a pay-pal invoice. I think it was $15–$20, I forget. After I paid I got an email about a week later saying it was shipped.

Here is his address

[email protected] is his primary email

[email protected] can be used as an alternate

Here is his web site if you want to get stuff for other games. You can buy his products at several vendors he has listed on his site. But it’s cheaper if you buy direct from him.

https://www.passionforpinball.com/index.html

#68 4 years ago

Here is what the new Cliffy protector looks like installed. It does not hinder the ball from going in the hole. It’s a good product from him like always.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks very clean and nicely installed. So you don't get any bounce outs from a straight on shot? I couldn't get the ball to sit down in the hole once the protector was installed unless it rolled in during game play. No way ball would sit down in the hole from a straight on left or right flipper shot for me. It's been a while since I pulled off the protector and got rid of it so can't say if this one look much different than what I had before, which was about a year ago I think. I think I'll email Cliffy and ask...
Sure would like one again if it doesn't impact gameplay..

#69 4 years ago

Rolls in the hole fine for me. Have not had problems yet.

1 week later
#70 4 years ago

Has anybody tried one of these new playfeild protectors. They have one for Made for Space Jam on e-bay for sale. Here’s the link ——> ebay.com link: 0

1 month later
#71 3 years ago

Hello everybody,
Yesterday I went to Pinsound to download sound package for Space Jam, but when I click on Space jam, it says "Work in progress...." instead of having a sound package download button.
I emailed Pinsound about this, but they ignored my message. Are Space Jam sounds available for download somewhere else?
Thanks in advance

4 weeks later
#72 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Hello everybody,
Yesterday I went to Pinsound to download sound package for Space Jam, but when I click on Space jam, it says "Work in progress...." instead of having a sound package download button.
I emailed Pinsound about this, but they ignored my message. Are Space Jam sounds available for download somewhere else?
Thanks in advance

I did the same thing a few weeks ago... Here is what they emailed me back... - It's on my todo-list, I'm sorry it takes so long, but I have too many
things to handle at the same time.

Thanks for your gentle reminder
I'll do it ASAP... -

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from dstickler:

I did the same thing a few weeks ago... Here is what they emailed me back... - It's on my todo-list, I'm sorry it takes so long, but I have too many
things to handle at the same time.
Thanks for your gentle reminder
I'll do it ASAP... -

Nice that you did! It's okay that it takes so long, at least it will come
Have a nice day,
Peter

#74 3 years ago

Hey Everyone.

Does anyone have a plastic ramp I could purchase or know where I could purchase one? The Ramp I got from Marcos was the last one they had and it was defective. There was a bend in the ramp where the Metal Plate should be. The point is keeping the Metal plate from laying down properly and it is also causing the holes to not match up.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Plastic Ramp Reference Number... 545-5711-01

4 weeks later
#75 3 years ago

I have been having sound issues with my Space Jam and any advice or help is greatly appreciated. When you make the right loop shot you do not hear the Tazmanian Devil sound that you are supposed to hear. You don't hear anything. All of the switches were tested and are working. Also during the end of game match sequence there is no Taz sound. I also have a sound issue when the drop target banks are hit twice during the same ball, and In your face mode starts. All you hear is a buzzing noise and it won't stop until you turn off the game. I burned all new roms from IPDB, both regular and vpinmame and I am still having the same issues. I also put in a new CPU board and that didn't help either. If anyone has the original rom chips on their game and could burn them for me that would be great. I could PayPal you cash.

Thank you,
George

1 week later
#76 3 years ago

Problem solved. The IPDB sound roms were bad. New CPU board plus the Vpinmame roms together now everything works.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

Problem solved. The IPDB sound roms were bad. New CPU board plus the Vpinmame roms together now everything works.

Hi,

Which one of these are bad?

I can mark the bad one so others will know and maybe submit a better one.

Any brief descripton of how it was bad that I can show may also help others.

Thanks,

Jay

Space Jam Roms list (resized).pngSpace Jam Roms list (resized).png
#78 3 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Hi,
Which one of these are bad?
I can mark the bad one so others will know and maybe submit a better one.
Any brief descripton of how it was bad that I can show may also help others.
Thanks,
Jay[quoted image]

I also found out that my pinMame package had sound problems and those were caused by bad ROM images.
Those images had a bad checksum in PinMame. Those with the correct checksum are working fine.
Maybe you can use PinMame to check your images on IPDB

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I also found out that my pinMame package had sound problems and those were caused by bad ROM images.
Those images had a bad checksum in PinMame. Those with the correct checksum are working fine.
Maybe you can use PinMame to check your images on IPDB

I'm an EM guy. I have to rely on others for all things ROM-related.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

I'm an EM guy. I have to rely on others for all things ROM-related.

Never too old to learn new things

I would say it is the Sega_1996_Space_Jam_ROMs.zip which is defective. U21 and U36 have wrong checksums.
The spacejam.zip which is the same ROM version is o.k.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Never too old to learn new things

Ha, it's not worth it. I have EM games. Leaving it to the guys who have the games and who verify the problems.

I wonder what pingeo knows...

Hmm... You don't sound certain. Are you?

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Hmm... You don't sound certain. Are you?

From my side I´m certain because some sounds are distorted with this package but I don´t know which package pingeo used.

#83 3 years ago

The PinMame Roms are better than the regular Roms, However there still are some distorted sounds once in a while when the ball is looping around from right to left. Overall though they are much better than the 2MB Zip Roms. Like I said in my previous thread, there were sound issues when shooting the right loop, during match sequence and when you hit the drop targets twice in one ball and start the in your face mode the sound is pretty bad.

2 months later
#84 3 years ago

Gentlemen, color DMD has announced that they will now be selling a color display for Space Jam!!!! Here is the link.

https://mailchi.mp/d00bb1bec087/colordmd-game-103-is-out-of-this-world?fbclid=IwAR3baRRgZpvBLHDFVOivM4eXsuFgLuw0nkQegveT9skg7ZRY4ILoNnpq8ig

#85 3 years ago

Yes!!!!!

#86 3 years ago

Here is a demo video of the color DMD for Space a Jam.

2 months later
#87 3 years ago

In regards to the new cliffy protector. I installed mine yesterday and every shot to the wabbit hole popped out. I even pulled back the metal bracket and still had bounce outs. I have pretty strong flippers on my Space Jam so I am not surprised. The problem with the cliffy is that it makes the wabbit hole too small.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

In regards to the new cliffy protector. I installed mine yesterday and every shot to the wabbit hole popped out. I even pulled back the metal bracket and still had bounce outs. I have pretty strong flippers on my Space Jam so I am not surprised. The problem with the cliffy is that it makes the wabbit hole too small.

Interesting, have you let Cliffy know?

I installed my colordmd last night WOW makes the game so much better.

1 month later
#89 3 years ago

On my Space Jam whenever I make the left ramp jump shot, Goaltending is awarded more than half of the time. Not sure why this is happening so much. Any ideas guys? Is this happening with anyone else on the group? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
George

#90 3 years ago

Just joined the club today! Couple questions off the bat. Is there a a way to adjust VUK? Looked around menu, but maybe not closely enough (new to sega and dmd in general). Sounds like its going to eject the ball through the glass!

Also, I need to read rulesheet, but is there a certain time the magnet on backboard activates? Played a few games and never worked. Or is there way to test or a common repair with that? Thanks in advance!

#91 3 years ago

For any of you with the same issue. It was the reed switch underneath the basket that was bad. Luckily a friend of mine has one because they do not make that part anymore.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

For any of you with the same issue. It was the reed switch underneath the basket that was bad. Luckily a friend of mine has one because they do not make that part anymore.

Au contraire! We do.....Hello from M&M Creations - we've been reproducing various MRS' (as you called it reed switches) for WMS & Sega (and more) for the last year and a half....

Matt
M&M Creations

1 week later
#93 3 years ago

Thanks Matt good to know.

3 months later
#94 2 years ago

Bought this machine last week from a fellow collector. Just need to update the ROM file, fix the skill shot plastic and a light bulb or two. I'm also having trouble with getting the ball into the wabbit hole (with cliffy). Anyone found a working solution yet? It rolls in just fine, but I guess shooting is more a 'design flaw' as it bounces back when the shot is too hard. I'll try something myself (add some cushion rubber or maybe a small magnet?), will keep you updated if that works.

6 months later
#96 2 years ago

Thanks a ton!

Been looking for one of these for years.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thanks a ton!
Been looking for one of these for years.

Not a problem. I was lucky I saw a NOS ball 4 years ago even before I bought my game as I knew later down the track they would be hard to find.

#98 2 years ago

I have a chance to pick up a project Space Jam. Any advice on what to look for in particular with this game? Hard to find parts like the basket ball? It would be to put in my collection. Thanks!

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I have a chance to pick up a project Space Jam. Any advice on what to look for in particular with this game? Hard to find parts like the basket ball? It would be to put in my collection. Thanks!

Hi most parts (besides the basketball and ball plate are available)

Usual wear around the wabbit hole is common. The only issue I had was when the ball goes up into the basketball the plate that holds it was beat up so wouldn't hold sometimes. The plate is hard to find now its around $150

I have a colour DMD in mine makes it so much better.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Usual wear around the wabbit hole is common. The only issue I had was when the ball goes up into the basketball the plate that holds it was beat up so wouldn't hold sometimes. The plate is hard to find now its around $150

Quoted from lowndes8:

Thanks. I hope it works out and I can get it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-jameverybody-get-up-its-time-to-slam-now/page/2?hl=jbigdoggf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.