SJafter3 (resized).jpg
SJafter8 (resized).jpg
SJafter9 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190322_150831 (resized).jpg
Space Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets print2.JPG
Space Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets print1.JPG
Space Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets. Restored Mikonos1.jpg
Space Jam Pinball Classic Basket Target print2.JPG
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

I saw there was no Space Jam club so thought i may as well create one

Feel free to add any pictures of your machines, any tips, tricks, mods etc

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

They could have a much better job with the toys i guess they figured putting jordans face on translite they would sell anyway

#3 5 years ago

I remember playing one back in the 90s and enjoyed it. I have to see if i can find another one to play one day.

#4 5 years ago

I was talking to Cliffy and he has made a new, wider wabbit hole protector

23336529_10155494969869724_706731214_o (resized).jpg23336529_10155494969869724_706731214_o (resized).jpg

2 months later
#5 5 years ago

Howdy,

I am a new owner of a Space Jam in pretty good working condition but with, surprise, a bunch of whacked up plastics.

There's a new plastics set available from various vendors, but one thing I cannot find is a large (half) basketball. Mine is about half gone, literally. Any ideas on sources for this part?

Has anybody tried to build a replacement or used a substitute?

#6 5 years ago

I have seen only two basketballs for sale over the last 3 years. I bought a NOS one but was expensive at $70

A mint used one sold for $40.00

2 weeks later
#7 5 years ago

Yeah, I guess I better post an ad and be prepared to pony up.

I'm wondering if the Stern NBA basketball could be adapted to Space Jam...not that I see any of those available, either.

1 week later
#8 5 years ago

About to pull the trigger on one anyone have any suggestions on what to look for?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

About to pull the trigger on one anyone have any suggestions on what to look for?

Most i have seen will have broken plastics, baskets will have wear and wear around the wabbit hole.

#10 5 years ago

Does anyone know if space jam is suppose to have a post that pops up in the back of the play field to get the ball to enter the pop bumpers? My play field has a hole there but no post not sure what’s suppose to be there

#11 5 years ago

hey guys

i think i answerd my question above no post there but weird how the factory made a hole.
I've got 2 questions

1. just got a cliffy for the wabbit hole a new batch that i thought maybe the jump issues were fixed their not. I've tried to bend the metal backboard up its almost verticle at this point and still no luck. anyone have an answer for what to do?

2. can anyone post photos of their underneath their basket ball? mine is so mangled and cracked i dont know how its suppose to be mounted its hitting the glass and also getting in the way of the balls when they come out of the jump shot.

Thanks in advance.

4 weeks later
#12 5 years ago

Some of my users asked my for to restore basket tables of the playfiled, I show you result of nº -11 target sticker:

"Space Jam Logo Basket Sticker" for SEGA Pinball. Restored Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/Fotos/Capturas/Space%20Jam%20Logo%20Basket%20Sticker.%20Display%20Restored%20Mikonos.jpg

Space Jam Logo Basket Sticker. Display Restored Mikonos.jpgSpace Jam Logo Basket Sticker. Display Restored Mikonos.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

I´m looking for classical basket table sticker because I restored itlong time ago too.

Regards

4 weeks later
#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Some of my users asked my for to restore basket tables of the playfiled, I show you result of nº -11 target sticker:
"Space Jam Logo Basket Sticker" for SEGA Pinball. Restored Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/Fotos/Capturas/Space%20Jam%20Logo%20Basket%20Sticker.%20Display%20Restored%20Mikonos.jpg
[quoted image]
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
I´m looking for classical basket table sticker because I restored itlong time ago too.
Regards

PM Sent

#14 5 years ago

Hi lowndes8!

replied!

Here another replacement:

"Space Jam Classic Basket Sticker" for SEGA Pinball. Restored Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/Fotos/Capturas/Space%20Jam%20Classic%20Basket%20Sticker.%20Display%20Restored%20Mikonos.jpg

Space Jam Classic Basket Sticker. Display Restored Mikonos.jpgSpace Jam Classic Basket Sticker. Display Restored Mikonos.jpg

Regards

#15 5 years ago

Oh wow just what i need PM sent

3 weeks later
#16 5 years ago

My wife for some odd reason really wanted this pin so when one came up I grabbed it.

It was a bit rough to be in our lineup so I decided to spruce it up a bit. Still needs a little tweaking. This is what I been up to in my free time this past week.

Most of the plastics were cracked or just being held by washers. One pop needed repaired. The ramp was all hacked together with glue, solder and screws. Cabinet had the usual, faded, washed out yellow look. Playfield is pretty rough. I requested Kruzman to recondition it but he determined it was a out of his scope of work due to the detailed imaging. So lots of cliffies were used... At least there was no major mechanical issues.

Replaced 80% of the plastics and rubbers along with a few bulbs. New rabbit hole cliffy. Fixed the pop bumper. Cab sanded primered and re-decaled, its a little off kilt but not bad for my first time I think. Replaced the Fire and skill shot ramps with new. Cleaned, waxed and play tested.

Movers accidentally took my keys so I had to drill and replace all the locks, that was joyful...

Glad to be apart of the club.

20181012_130041 (resized).jpg20181012_130041 (resized).jpg20181017_154925 (resized).jpg20181017_154925 (resized).jpg20181017_155527 (resized).jpg20181017_155527 (resized).jpg20181017_165044 (resized).jpg20181017_165044 (resized).jpg2d904d3a3fabe526301410e2ccfe99a030a271b9 (resized).jpg2d904d3a3fabe526301410e2ccfe99a030a271b9 (resized).jpgf5364a620f3a66121c84706707c10c98165c92a1 (resized).jpgf5364a620f3a66121c84706707c10c98165c92a1 (resized).jpg
#17 5 years ago

Looks great thanks for sharing. Love the figures in it. Im going to go to town on mine have all the Tune Squad figures including Jordan to go in.

3 weeks later
#18 5 years ago

I improved all targets sets of "Space Jam Pinball" because a pinside´s user . I will show all designs and print results with time. Let´s go:

"Space Jam Logo Basket Sticker" (final ver.) for SEGA Pinball. Restored Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/Fotos/Capturas/Space%20Jam%20Logo%20Basket%20Sticker.%20Display%20Restored%20Mikonos2.jpg
Space Jam Logo Basket Sticker. Display Restored Mikonos2.jpgSpace Jam Logo Basket Sticker. Display Restored Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

#19 5 years ago

Thanks again Mikonos

#20 5 years ago

Personally love space jam its just plain fun i put a Pinbits shaker on mine and threw in a couple other mods pingraffix Powerblades just took this pin on another level imo

#21 5 years ago

Thanks to you, lowndes8!

#22 5 years ago

If anyone ever wanted a brand new backboard marco has them for nba stern its a perfect fit

#23 5 years ago

... and print result of my work with "Space Jam Logo Basket Sticker" (final ver.) for SEGA Pinball:

"Space Jam Logo Basket Pinball Sticker" (SEGA) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Space%20Jam%20Logo%20Basket%20Sticker%20v2%20print1.jpg
Space Jam Logo Basket Sticker v2 print1.JPGSpace Jam Logo Basket Sticker v2 print1.JPG
"Space Jam Logo Basket Pinball Sticker" (SEGA) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Space%20Jam%20Logo%20Basket%20Sticker%20v2%20print2.jpg
Space Jam Logo Basket Sticker v2 print2.jpgSpace Jam Logo Basket Sticker v2 print2.jpg

Regards

#24 5 years ago

"Space Jam Pinball - Classic Basket Target" (SEGA). Restored Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Space%20Jam%20-%20Classic%20Basket%20Target.%20Mikonos1
Space Jam - Classic Basket Target. Mikonos1.jpgSpace Jam - Classic Basket Target. Mikonos1.jpg

Regards

#25 5 years ago

Going to get legs and siderails and lockdown powdercoated. Debating black versus orange with some black in it. Has anyone tried? Any pis? Ty

#26 5 years ago

I think i have some pics of one i was looking at with orange let me find it

#27 5 years ago

...and these were my printed repros of Space Jam Classic Basket Target with all originals precuts:

"Space Jam Pinball Classic Basket Target" (SEGA) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Space%20Jam%20Pinball%20Classic%20Basket%20Target%20print1.JPG
Space Jam Pinball Classic Basket Target print1.JPGSpace Jam Pinball Classic Basket Target print1.JPG
"Space Jam Pinball Classic Basket Target" (SEGA) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Space%20Jam%20Pinball%20Classic%20Basket%20Target%20print2.JPG
Space Jam Pinball Classic Basket Target print2.JPGSpace Jam Pinball Classic Basket Target print2.JPG

Regards

#28 5 years ago

In corporations never-ending pursuit of pleasing millennials WB is making a God damn Space Jam sequel.

Telling ya folks... This game will be 2k by Xmas! Buy now.

#29 5 years ago

... and here last targets:

"Space Jam Pinball - Cartoon Targets" (SEGA). Restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com//fotos/capturas/Space%20Jam%20Pinball%20Cartoon%20Targets.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg
Space Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets. Restored Mikonos1.jpgSpace Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets. Restored Mikonos1.jpg

Regards

#30 5 years ago

Mikonos cant wait to receive all my space jam stickers

#31 5 years ago

Hello Space Jammers. 5 years or so a buddy of mine saw my collection and became interested in Pins. We found him a nice Space Jam. Pretty sure it came from the original purchaser. I moved away from Chicago, but he contacted me tonight. He's leaving town also and has to sell. He had a tech come out and go over it. If its still in great shape, what would be a good asking price?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Hello Space Jammers. 5 years or so a buddy of mine saw my collection and became interested in Pins. We found him a nice Space Jam. Pretty sure it came from the original purchaser. I moved away from Chicago, but he contacted me tonight. He's leaving town also and has to sell. He had a tech come out and go over it. If its still in great shape, what would be a good asking price?

If in complete working order, depending on cosmetics $1600 - $2000.

Look to pay a bit more if it is mint. No cabinet fade (orange color), no broken plastics, playfield wear, ect.

#33 5 years ago

Thats about where I was at. He wants to go 25 obo. Can't hurt. Thanks!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Thats about where I was at. He wants to go 25 obo. Can't hurt. Thanks!

Search the archived classified ads for Space Jam and you can show your friend what these have sold for in the past. Might give you a little leverage.

#35 5 years ago

You guys are underestimating what Spacejam that is HUO is worth. I am redoing mine and would have loved to pay 2500 for a HUO even 2 years ago. Look how many pinsiders own this game according to pinside. Most Spacejams have been destroyed. If your friend's is HUO like you say, I would start at 3k. Just my HO.
Again, I have not seen a Spacejam that was HUO in years and I had been looking for one for the last 4.

1 week later
#36 5 years ago

Hi All, a good buddy of mine just bought his first pin, a Space Jam. It sounds and looks like a really cool game, but after talking with him, he has some work to do and I am going to help him get started with learning how to work with a pin. I am level 5 or 6 on a 1-10 scale, so moderately experienced, and I don't have any experience on a Sega game, but want to try and help.

I have not played this pin, but one issue he describes is the "Monstars" that are supposed to pop up on the playfield to be hit, do not pop up. He says that none of them pop up, versus some of the them.

Any clue where we should focus our troubleshooting on this "Monstars not popping up issue"? Is it possibly a solder connection issue, a fuse issue, etc...?

Thanks in advance!

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Hi All, a good buddy of mine just bought his first pin, a Space Jam. It sounds and looks like a really cool game, but after talking with him, he has some work to do and I am going to help him get started with learning how to work with a pin. I am level 5 or 6 on a 1-10 scale, so moderately experienced, and I don't have any experience on a Sega game, but want to try and help.
I have not played this pin, but one issue he describes is the "Monstars" that are supposed to pop up on the playfield to be hit, do not pop up. He says that none of them pop up, versus some of the them.
Any clue where we should focus our troubleshooting on this "Monstars not popping up issue"? Is it possibly a solder connection issue, a fuse issue, etc...?
Thanks in advance!

I would check the switches first. Make sure the game knows when each target is dropped down, if it doesn't know all of them are down, it wont pop them up. Do they pop up when a new game is started? If they dont pop up when a game is started, most commonly thats a broken connection on the coil.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

I was talking to Cliffy and he has made a new, wider wabbit hole protector

[quoted image]

I tried one of the early version wabbit hole protectors and couldn't get the ball to "sit down" in the hole with it mounted. So I
had to remove it.
Your back plate is at an angle and mine is horizontal. Did you modify to keep the ball from hopping out?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I would check the switches first. Make sure the game knows when each target is dropped down, if it doesn't know all of them are down, it wont pop them up. Do they pop up when a new game is started? If they dont pop up when a game is started, most commonly thats a broken connection on the coil.

Thanks so much! I asked him to test it when the game is started, and they did not pop up. I am planning to go over to his house in the next few weeks, and we will check for a broken coil connection. Thanks! Carl

#40 5 years ago

This was result printed:

"Space Jam Pinball - Cartoon Targets" (SEGA) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Space%20Jam%20Pinball%20Cartoon%20Targets%20print1.JPG
Space Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets print1.JPGSpace Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets print1.JPG
"Space Jam Pinball - Cartoon Targets" (SEGA) printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination and precut (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Space%20Jam%20Pinball%20Cartoon%20Targets%20print2.JPG
Space Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets print2.JPGSpace Jam Pinball Cartoon Targets print2.JPG

Regards

3 weeks later
#41 5 years ago

Anyone got some Space Jam playfield plastics for sale? New och used in good condition. Single plastics or whole set. Please send me a message if you got some that you want to sell.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from holm:

Anyone got some Space Jam playfield plastics for sale? New och used in good condition. Single plastics or whole set. Please send me a message if you got some that you want to sell.

Marcos has complete space jam plastic sets in stock

1 week later
#43 5 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Marcos has complete space jam plastic sets in stock

Thx

#44 5 years ago

Or does anyone have the plastics scanned?

3 weeks later
#45 5 years ago

When playing a 2 player game on my Space Jam pinball machine, the second player only has maybe a couple of seconds to plunge the ball before the machine auto plunges the ball. Does someone know if there is a fix for this?

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

When playing a 2 player game on my Space Jam pinball machine, the second player only has maybe a couple of seconds to plunge the ball before the machine auto plunges the ball. Does someone know if there is a fix for this?

I tried mine last night and the 2nd player has as long as they want to launch the ball?

Maybe reset all your settings?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

I tried mine last night and the 2nd player has as long as they want to launch the ball?
Maybe reset all your settings?

I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

1 month later
#48 5 years ago

Hello.
I had posted earlier about the issue I was having with the cliffy protector used on Space Jam Wabbit Hole.
The ball would not settle down in the hole anymore. I had to remove the cliffy.
Of course the hole is disintegrating and you can see the tip of a sheet metal screw coming out from underside the playfield.

Three options Exist I would like opinions on:
1. Remount the cliffy which covers all the damage and try some shock absorbing material on the deflector plate behind the hole to attempt absorbing the ball energy.

2. Repair the hole and suggestions on the best way to go about it. Then worry about the cliffy later.

3. Going to install new plastics and rubbers so maybe a playfield swap if I can find a NOS one. (not likely to find a great NOS playfield).
Thanks!
IMG_20190322_150831 (resized).jpgIMG_20190322_150831 (resized).jpg

#49 5 years ago

Wow that is a lot of wear

I would try to fix the hole with wood putty or car filler then could get a airbrush artist to paint it

1 week later
#50 5 years ago

Is there some sort of "cookie cutter" I can stick in the worn hole then fill it around the outside with some liquid wood? or something similar?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-jameverybody-get-up-its-time-to-slam-now/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.