• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sjwh3_(resized).jpg
sjwh2_(resized).jpg
sjwh1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Tried to "pretty up" my Space Jam some by adding a Wabbit Hole protector from Marco.

Went in really well. Covered up a lot of the touch up paint job the prior owner did (not so well).

It was almost level around the hole so no filling needed.

Problem is after the successful install of this protector, I can't get a ball to settle into the Wabbit Hole anymore..

A straight on flipper shoots airballs back at me off the guard that is installed over it.
I must have hit that spot 20+ times and not once could I get the ball to go in.
Only a hand rolled in ball works at this point.

2 questions:
1. Anyone else experience this after installing this protector?
2. What did you do to rectify?

I see where I might bend the cover guard down some to redirect or trap the ball better so am including a couple pics to let you see how mine turned out and if anything looks wrong to you.

Thanks!
CuJo

sjwh1_(resized).jpgsjwh1_(resized).jpg

sjwh2_(resized).jpgsjwh2_(resized).jpg

sjwh3_(resized).jpgsjwh3_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I had the exact same issue. Have to bend the deflector a bit to compensate for the Cliffy protector.

Looking at my side view pic..how does it compare with how yours looks installed? and working right?

It looks like I should just bend it forward at the base..maybe 5 degrees?

#5 7 years ago

I bent it down some..didn't help at all. Maybe if I line the deflector with some foam padding...it'll cushion that incredibly forceful shot.

If I'd known, I would have never bought protector...looks nice installed but game doesn't play the same. Haven't given up yet thou...

#7 7 years ago

I bent the deflector shield down about 10% so the back edge of it was perpendicular to the base mount.
Still no good.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has installed/tweaked this so it works satisfactorily.

Maybe a SHIM to raise the deflector a bit and/or some sticky back foam padding on the front of the deflector plate to deaden
the balls impact...

or take it out altogether at some point....

#10 7 years ago

Getting ready to "shim" up the deflector, bend the deflector forward a tad to see if I can land a shot in this shallow hole.

Please let me know if someone has already shimmed this deflector up higher and if it made a difference at all so I don't waste time trying it.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any "positive" results from anyone in this thread that has installed one of these protectors.

Looks great. Check.
Protects the playfield. Check.
Covers prior damage , sloppy repair work and bad touchup. Check.
Makes this WABBIT HOLE unable to land any shots unless they casually roll in. CHECK!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

just leave it off, mylar the whole area. i had the same issues with the art flaking off the monstars as well, and issues trying to get the cliffy to work with the scoop (i tried bending the scoop up and down and the top, as well as applying 1-2 washers under scoop). sure it looks like shit, but it will play well and the mylar will prevent anymore artwork flaking off the monstar area. just my opinion, its a 1300$ machine anyways.

Well it didn't look that horrible from before. I just bought the protector because it was available and it made sense to install.
But if the game won't play right with bent or unbent deflector, adding shims, etc. then I'm taking it off the game and just leaving it as it was.
Never had any issues shooting the ball in the hole before. Never even realized this could happen but the hole is shallow and the metal doesn't absorb the energy like the wood does.

#14 7 years ago

I think I'm going to call them and let them know Monday.

2 years later
#18 4 years ago
Quoted from frank34obx:

I would be curious if anybody has tried the washers and or deadening foam? I have one that's doing the same thing after I tried putting a protector on it. I guess since no one else has posted up about shimming or foam I'll try it and repost

Did you ever try the washers and deadening foam?

4 months later
#21 4 years ago
Quoted from GJH:

I had the same issue, it's been a long time, but I think I added a little mylar in front of the protector. Then another small piece on top of that mylar. Kind of like small stairs. I think I found two small mylar strips in front, ended up fixing the issue.

Getting ready to try to use a Cliffy again. Can you post a pic of your Wabbit Hole if it was successful?
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-jam-wabbit-hole-protector?tu=CUJO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.