(Topic ID: 150616)

Space Invaders tilt when hit captive ball.

By smersh

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by smersh
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smersh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Topic Title says it. Not all the time but I hit one, two, or three drop targets and then the captive ball and the machine will tilt.
This does not happen all the time in that order of sequence but it will tilt only when the captive ball hits the target. Hmmmm and its a new replacement mpu and had the same issues with the old mpu. Any ideas where to pin point??? I have already started changing a handful of diodes and looking at switches.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Topic Title says it. Not all the time but I hit one, two, or three drop targets and then the captive ball and the machine will tilt.
This does not happen all the time in that order of sequence but it will tilt only when the captive ball hits the target. Hmmmm and its a new replacement mpu and had the same issues with the old mpu. Any ideas where to pin point??? I have already started changing a handful of diodes and looking at switches.

Ok I have tested more and when the drop target closest to player (number 1) is down it will tilt when captive ball hits target.

#4 8 years ago

Im thinking the diode on the #1 drop target. captive ball wont trigger tilt unless that 1 target is down?

#6 8 years ago

its called the clone chamber! have not done any work to the machine, I have owned it for over a year and all has been working fine.

#8 8 years ago

Seem to have fixed it I just replaced all the diodes on row of the clone chamber http://www.pinitech.com/switch_database.php?name=Bally_Space_Invaders&printview=1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 90.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smersh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-invaders-tilt-when-hit-captive-ball?tu=smersh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.