I picked up my first SS project, Space Invaders last April. The project has been on hold for the last few months as I have been attempting to secure the various bits for my upcoming High Speed restoration (gotta get the parts while the gettins good). I decided to post the work done thus far as I am about to get back in the game on this one.
The cab was a bit rough around the edges, the back where the head attaches was separating from the body and the left joint on the head itself was also coming undone, the interior of the cab was dirty and stained. The game was missing a couple of legs, the lockdown bar and unfortunately the PF glass. The playfield as one might expect took the brunt of the damage from being stored for many years without glass. Thankfully the mice that had resided in it were evicted before I took delivery. The MPU was also in fairly rough shape and looked like it had taken an acid bath with Jerry Garcia. Almost all of the metal components had some amount of rust and/or were pitted. Amazingly the cabinet artwork and the backglass were near flawless. I definitely had my work cut out for me.