Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by llphil67
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider llphil67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I have a Bally Space Invaders pin, took out of storage and going over it. Machine boots up and re-setsifine, hit credit button, ball goes to shooter, and machine starts counting up (score) by 1000pts indefinitely. All other playfield targets seem to work during this. I have looked for stuck switches and have not found any, doesn't mean there isn't one...just haven't found it. Re-seated board connectors and looked for obvious problems, found none. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm new at this. Thanks in advance.

#4 1 year ago

Thanks for the help, feeling really stupid that I did not know about the switch test....learning. So switch 15 shows bad w/switch test "clone chamber target" pulled switch and it does not appear to be shorted/stuck. Cap on switch is hard to make out but this is what I think it says; Y5P, .05m, 12v. Also a resistor on switch. So should I replace the cap and see what happens? What should I replace it with (be specific please....again..newbie) and where do I find this replacement.....radio shack is long gone! Makes sense that this switch is bad, as when machine was put into storage scoring was not working for it. Also, during lamp test several lamps did not light, BUT I know they are good......next step? Thanks again guys, your patience w/me and willingness to help are greatly appreciated.

#8 1 year ago

I will verify which lamps are not working tomorrow and post results, sorry for the delay and thanks

#10 1 year ago

Update; Non-functioning bulbs were bad sockets=fixed, clipped cap out of #15 switch and switch test then showed fault at #20 (#2 target?) Decided that this meant middle drop target on left side of game. Checked all switches on that bank of drop targets and found none that were stuck closed. Inserted paper between contacts and still got #20 fault in switch test, no caps to eliminate that I can see....how to proceed? Thanks again

#11 1 year ago

Update: After finding actual #20 switch and clipping cap, no switch errors. Will replace caps on monday and play some games. Then on to Paragon w/issues. Thanks to all who helped...you guys are great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 199.95
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider llphil67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-invaders-re-set?tu=llphil67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.