Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by llphil67
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have a Bally Space Invaders pin, took out of storage and going over it. Machine boots up and re-setsifine, hit credit button, ball goes to shooter, and machine starts counting up (score) by 1000pts indefinitely. All other playfield targets seem to work during this. I have looked for stuck switches and have not found any, doesn't mean there isn't one...just haven't found it. Re-seated board connectors and looked for obvious problems, found none. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm new at this. Thanks in advance.

#2 1 year ago

Put it in switch test and you should see the stuck switch in the ball/credit window. If you don't see any physically stuck, it is likely a shorted cap on one of the switches causing it to be closed.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from llphil67:

I have a Bally Space Invaders pin, took out of storage and going over it. Machine boots up and re-setsifine, hit credit button, ball goes to shooter, and machine starts counting up (score) by 1000pts indefinitely. All other playfield targets seem to work during this. I have looked for stuck switches and have not found any, doesn't mean there isn't one...just haven't found it. Re-seated board connectors and looked for obvious problems, found none. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm new at this. Thanks in advance.

Use the switch test , it will tell you which one is on or shorted.

#4 1 year ago

Thanks for the help, feeling really stupid that I did not know about the switch test....learning. So switch 15 shows bad w/switch test "clone chamber target" pulled switch and it does not appear to be shorted/stuck. Cap on switch is hard to make out but this is what I think it says; Y5P, .05m, 12v. Also a resistor on switch. So should I replace the cap and see what happens? What should I replace it with (be specific please....again..newbie) and where do I find this replacement.....radio shack is long gone! Makes sense that this switch is bad, as when machine was put into storage scoring was not working for it. Also, during lamp test several lamps did not light, BUT I know they are good......next step? Thanks again guys, your patience w/me and willingness to help are greatly appreciated.

#5 1 year ago

You can clip off the cap and see if that corrects the issue--the cap might be shorted internally. You'll want to replace it if the switch isn't responsive enough with it removed. It's there to help the mpu detect quick activations of that switch.

#6 1 year ago

The caps are 0.05 microfarad, you can use 0.047 microfarad, 25 volt.

#7 1 year ago

Forgot to ask - which lamps do not light? Will need to know whether they are controlled by the aux lamp driver or the LDB board.

#8 1 year ago

I will verify which lamps are not working tomorrow and post results, sorry for the delay and thanks

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from llphil67:

... where do I find this replacement.....radio shack is long gone! ...

Many people use Digi-key and Mouser. They have most any electrical/electronic components you might need. I've heard that Newark and Great Plains are also good companies to buy stuff from.

Depending on where you live, there might still be a local brick-and-mortar store. They are harder to find than Radio Shack used to be, but where they exist they are often even better-stocked.

#10 1 year ago

Update; Non-functioning bulbs were bad sockets=fixed, clipped cap out of #15 switch and switch test then showed fault at #20 (#2 target?) Decided that this meant middle drop target on left side of game. Checked all switches on that bank of drop targets and found none that were stuck closed. Inserted paper between contacts and still got #20 fault in switch test, no caps to eliminate that I can see....how to proceed? Thanks again

#11 1 year ago

Update: After finding actual #20 switch and clipping cap, no switch errors. Will replace caps on monday and play some games. Then on to Paragon w/issues. Thanks to all who helped...you guys are great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-invaders-re-set and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.