SI_Wiring_b.jpg
SI_Wiring_a.jpg
DSC00836.JPG
SI_Power.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2089.jpg
IMG_2088.jpg
IMG_2088.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipmeover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I recently purchased a Space Invaders pinball (Bally 1980 dash 35) and someone cut all the connectors off of the transformer module. The schematic was fairly clear about the two smaller connectors but the 20 pin was vague and confusing. If you have one of these WORKING pinball games, I would Really appreciate it if you emailed me or posted here the wire colors starting from pin 1 and going to pin 20. I know one of them is a key and the schematic is clear about some of the others, but I have more wires than pins and duplicate colors with no clear idea of which one goes where. If you can help I would appreciate it. The easiest way would be like....pin 1= RED. Pin 2= SMALL orange wire. I think there are three orange wires and there may be duplicates of the other colors so please be very specific.

Thanks
PBS

#4 11 years ago

I have been told (and I dont know if its right or wrong) that SI is very different than other era pins. One because the Transformer module is different and two because of all the extra lights. Long ago I worked on this generation of games but got out of pinball for twenty years and then back in it around the time WPC came about. I dont like the dash 35 system and besides, most people prefer the newer games. Anyway toro, I appreciate it if you can provide a photo like the one bark sent a link to. Have to be able to see the wires very clearly. This SI is in terrific condition and as soon as I get it wired right, I will put a trifecta alltek board system in it!

#8 11 years ago

Thank you for the photos. It looks like your transformer is mounted behind the back glass. Mine is mounted in the bottom of the cabinet and is different from all the ones mounted behind the back glass. The wire colors are almost the same but I have three yellow wires I dont know where to connect. You also show two blank spaces on your connector. One is the key but my game uses the other one. I really need to see a game that has the transformer module mounted in the bottom. Your photos are really good ones but unfortunately I still have at least three wires left over. I have 22 wires and only 19 spaces in which to use them. If you send me your email address, I will snap some photos of the play field. It is in really good shape. I am at pinballshack at aol dot com.

#17 11 years ago

Thanks once again for the photos. It appears I have a one of a kind Space Invaders. I have three yellow wires. Continuity says the two larger ones are connected somewhere and the smaller one is alone. I have two red wires with yellow dots that also are connected together somewhere. On pin 13 with the photos, that shows to be nothing and yet the manual says it is supposed to be a white and yellow wire, of which I do have in that location. Right now, assuming that every other wire is where it belongs, I have five wires left over. The position for the YELLOW wire (I have three--two large one small) is at pin nine. Which yellow goes here? The two BIG ones or the one small one and then where do the left overs go?
Its a very nice game but I am at the point of parting it out. It doesnt work and there doesnt seem to be any two alike to compare that stupid 20 pin connector. Even in the photos in this blog, you can see differences in the photos submitted by different people. If anyone has any ideas, I would be glad to try them. Even the pinball guru coinopdoc is scratching his head on this one.

#18 11 years ago

ooops I meant the wires instead of red with yellow, they are orange with red and that mystery is now solved...now down to just the extra yellow wires. Is the yellow small or large? I can trace whatever is left over and try to see what it powers and then find that voltage on one of the two open pins (three but one is a key) Thanks!!

#19 11 years ago

In looking at the photo, it appears those two big yellow wires are bent backward and go somewhere else, along with a white and brown...any chance you know where they go to? Because the connector was cut off, they could have easily been routed to another connector and I wouldnt know.

#22 11 years ago

CWG...Thank you for your help. In your diagram, you have pin #8 as empty but the photo shows an orange wire at that location and the book shows an orange wire at that location. Pin #12 you show vacant on both diagram and photo but book shows a grey wire there and I have a grey wire to put there. Pin #13 book shows white with yellow, you have grey. #14 book- white/black, you show white with grey. Pin #15 book shows white/blue, you show white/black. Pin #16 book shows black/blue, you show same thing. #17 same as book, #18, 19, and 20 agree with book. Looking at a previous photo in this blog shows the book wiring configuragion with the exception of the two big Orange with red dot wires that connect to the orange wire.

I think the guys a Bally rolled a fattie before they figured out the wiring!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 90.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipmeover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-invaders-pinball?tu=flipmeover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.