Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Brewchap
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181109_125146 (resized).jpg

#1 10 days ago

I lost the use of my flippers. I checked the fuse and it was good. I can ground out the flippers and they will fire off. I can turn on the pin with a flipper button pressed and while the MPU is booting up it the flipper will fire. Doing a rolling solenoid I can hear the flipper solenoid clicking.
I'm not sure where to check next. Any ideas?

#2 10 days ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I lost the use of my flippers. I checked the fuse and it was good. I can ground out the flippers and they will fire off. I can turn on the pin with a flipper button pressed and while the MPU is booting up it the flipper will fire. Doing a rolling solenoid I can hear the flipper solenoid clicking.
I'm not sure where to check next. Any ideas?

Check schematic to see if any other relays are in the path to the flippers. I haven’t check bally, but I had a similar problem on a Gottlieb and there are two relays in the path in series... one for tilt (normally closed til you tilt it) and one for “game on” (normally open until you activate a game)... both need to be clean and closed.

#3 10 days ago

Hmm, will check to see if there are any relays in the path to the flippers. Thanks for the suggestion srcdube.

#4 10 days ago

I changed the title since I found that the solenoid do not work in game play also...

#5 10 days ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Check schematic to see if any other relays are in the path to the flippers. I haven’t check bally, but I had a similar problem on a Gottlieb and there are two relays in the path in series... one for tilt (normally closed til you tilt it) and one for “game on” (normally open until you activate a game)... both need to be clean and closed.

Only one relay on this game, and it only effects the flippers, not other solenoids.

Quoted from Brewchap:

I changed the title since I found that the solenoid do not work in game play also...

So, no flippers or solenoids in game, but they all work in test?

#6 10 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

So, no flippers or solenoids in game, but they all work in test?

Yes sir that is correct.

#7 10 days ago

My strikes and spares is doing something similar. My guess is a data line connection. I'll be digging into it more tomorrow.

#8 9 days ago

Took a quick look at Paragon schematics but couldn’t trace everything out. Do you have schematics?

Check tilt (2) and Slam (1) switches.

There is a flipper disable signal I but didn’t trace it back. However if you have more than just flippers not working it’s probably not that.

Gotta find what’s common to the bumper and flipper coils before they branch off. Fuse obviously, but if that’s ok then follow the signal path.

#9 9 days ago

Is it going into tilt?

Is the title light on when the flips cut out?

In switch test is tilt showing stuck?

#10 9 days ago

So to be clear. All the solenoids work in self test but not during the game? That does not seem likely.
If that is the case it's a weird connection problem on the SD board.

Take out the SD board and turn it over.
Reflow the connector pin connections starting with the flipper relay.
Pay close attention to the pins on J3 and J4.
Check the jumper on the J3 connector pin 13-25.

Finally check and reflow the MPU J4 connection.
As a last resort, swap U10 &11 on the MPU.

#11 9 days ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

So to be clear. All the solenoids work in self test but not during the game? That does not seem likely.
If that is the case it's a weird connection problem on the SD board.
Take out the SD board and turn it over.
Reflow the connector pin connections starting with the flipper relay.
Pay close attention to the pins on J3 and J4.
Check the jumper on the J3 connector pin 13-25.
Finally check and reflow the MPU J4 connection.
As a last resort, swap U10 &11 on the MPU.

Reflowing the pins on my sdb fixed my issue.

#12 9 days ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Is it going into tilt?
Is the title light on when the flips cut out?
In switch test is tilt showing stuck?

Yep, game goes into tilt at the start of the game.

#13 9 days ago

Found the tilt problem and now is fixed. Thanks for all the help folks!

#14 8 days ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Found the tilt problem and now is fixed.

What fixed it?

#15 7 days ago

The bell shaped tilt switch has a long bare wire hooked up to it and it was laying loosely across the housing causing the short.

20181109_125146 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside