Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Ok I have a Space Invaders machine most everything works. However I cannot seem to get some of the lower play field lights to work no matter what i do. Also only about 1/4 of the infinity back glass lights work. I have replaced the aux lamp board and the rectifier board. This fixed a couple issues. I found two blown transistors one on the lamp driver board. Replaced them. Re soldered all connectors and re pinned all rectifier board plugs. What else is there? I have checked every bulb and every fuse. Not able to get any further. Could the transformer powering the rectifier be putting out weird voltage? Could one of the ic chips on a lamp driver board be bad? All sounds, scoring, and solenoids work perfectly. Displays were replaced and work perfectly. Could the mpu board be bad?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Your transformer and rectifier board are probably ok. What replacement aux lamp board did you use?

#3 3 years ago

A direct match to the one I had in the machine that had a bad transistor. I then replaced the transistor in my old board and still the same problems. I tried the new board and my old one with the replaced transistor. Same results

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

Check the solder joints on the header pins. They always crack on these boards.

#5 3 years ago

Yep resoldered all of then today on the aux and regular lamp driver boards.

#6 3 years ago

The lamps that are out are not confined to to any one chip on lamp driver board.
Maybe the board is getting confused data from a bad data connection from mpu to driver board.

#7 3 years ago

What’s the fix for that? Any ideas?

#8 3 years ago

Did you check the bulb sockets and wiring back to the lamp driver boards?

Make a list of exactly what lights are out so that something in common can be found for them.

I doubt that it's the connection to the lamp driver board you would see lots of wrong lamps lighting if that were the case.

#9 3 years ago

Yes i check those its like total sections it seems on the same circuit or common circuit

#10 3 years ago

Ok after looking at the lamp driver board schematic all play field lamps that do not work go to the same IC chip. So I ordered a new main lamp driver board. Let’s see what happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 199.95
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-invaders-gremlins-play-field-and-back-glass-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.