New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 272693)

Space Invaders Backglass with Shadow Glass framing in lightbox

By Starfox7070

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by chas10e
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2075 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2073 (resized).JPG
IMG_2072 (resized).JPG
IMG_2071 (resized).JPG
IMG_2070 (resized).JPG

#1 3 months ago

I am stuck on creating a Lightbox for my Space Invaders Back GLass with its 3d glass. There are two pieces of glass that came out of the Pinball machine, the backglass with art work on it, and the slightly larger glass that goes infront of the art glass that gives the Pinball machine a 3d look. I recently purchased both pieces and want to build a light box for them, but not sure how to go about framing the smaller art glass behind the larger piece with an impression in it, to frame up the image on the smaller art glass. I am terrible at describing it, but I will add pictures of both pieces of backglass so you get clearer picture of what I mean. Has anyone here framed the glass from Space Invaders with both pieces of glass? Or, is anyone offering a service to create one I can pay for. Thanks

#2 3 months ago

Similar to the "infinity lights" setup on my Xenon

the Gallery of images has a good shot of behind the Space Invaders glass ... held in by small plastic wire looms like https://www.cabletiesunlimited.com/1-8-black-light-duty-cable-clamp-3-8-wide-100-bag-cc3-1-8-0c.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIntzzr-PD6gIViAiICR3qEgsaEAYYASABEgLmQPD_BwE

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/space-invaders/gallery

Here's some pics I snapped if they help:

IMG_2070 (resized).JPGIMG_2071 (resized).JPGIMG_2072 (resized).JPGIMG_2073 (resized).JPGIMG_2074 (resized).JPGIMG_2075 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 22.50
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside