(Topic ID: 231684)

Space between games. How close is too close?

By chubtoad13

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9BD2ADF-4EA4-475C-8440-8F0519177889 (resized).jpeg
    3D7ADCCF-714A-4FF4-9047-8C3DDDA993BE (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Surprisingly, I couldn’t find a thread about game spacing.
    I just bought an 8th game in a space that fits 7 comfortably. I’m sure I’m not the first one to do that right?..
    Some quick measurements look like I would have about 1” between the heads with the new game. Right now I have 4-5” between them.
    Obviously I don’t want the games to ever come in contact with each other. I don’t throw them around when I’m playing. But I don’t want to worry about nudging either. What do you think? Do I need to sell a game or is this going to squeeze in there?

3D7ADCCF-714A-4FF4-9047-8C3DDDA993BE (resized).jpeg3D7ADCCF-714A-4FF4-9047-8C3DDDA993BE (resized).jpeg

#2 5 years ago

If you nudge your games, 5 inches should be ok, but you need to watch them and adjust when necessary , 1” is asking for trouble

#3 5 years ago

Right now mine are at 2.5 inches. Too much furniture in the game room. My tilts are set loose, the games get nudged. I don't have any problems with interference. I pull the machines out of line for service.
    I did have to put rubber under Earthshakers feet as it did move around some on the hardwood floor.

#4 5 years ago

Heads touching is too close. Other than that it’s personal preference. I have league and tournaments a lot so I keep them further apart. Like 6-8” between the heads at least. 1.5’ between the buttons at least.

#5 5 years ago

I used to have mine all jammed together with about an inch between heads, but that's a clusterfk. If they're that close together, it's time to get rid of some.

#6 5 years ago

You need them far enough apart to get your fat ass between them to access the head.

If they are too close, and one is wired backwards, you will complete the circuit, and your crotch will be zapped.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You need them far enough apart to get your fat ass between them

That cuts me deep vid lol. You’re right though. I don’t want to pull games out every time there’s a stuck ball or bulb out.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You need them far enough apart to get your fat ass between them to access the head.
    If they are too close, and one is wired backwards, you will complete the circuit, and your crotch will be zapped.

So that’s what my wife was doing, she mumbled somethn about “better than a spin cycle”

#9 5 years ago

I like my players to be able to feel the heat from the hands of the player next to them. For some reason I like them feeling a bit awkward so I can beat them.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Yes. You want to be able to check fuses and change batteries without moving games around.
    Width required varies from one ass to another.

#11 5 years ago

Mine are like half an inch apart because space is tight. It’s fine for me. I nudge but never enough to move the damn machine around.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Mine are like half an inch apart because space is tight. It’s fine for me. I nudge but never enough to move the damn machine around.

Do you have a pic?
    I’m probably going to try it unless one of the games I have on the marketplace sells quickly. I really want to keep all my games right now and ideally keep them all on the one wall.

#13 5 years ago

I put the new game on the side wall until I finish shopping it. It makes the room feel a lot smaller where it is

C9BD2ADF-4EA4-475C-8440-8F0519177889 (resized).jpegC9BD2ADF-4EA4-475C-8440-8F0519177889 (resized).jpeg
    #14 5 years ago

Now there you go, it looks like you solved your own problem, you can have two more pins now. One in the main row by tightening them all together and the other in the spot you have the new game in now. Stack them like cord wood I always say.......LOL.

John

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-between-pinball-heads-how-close-is-too-close and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.