Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jackalwere
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MV5BY2E3OGYxM2EtMDAxMi00ZWU1LWJhY2QtM2Q1OGNjMDFkM2U5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@__V1_SY1000_CR0,0,704,1000_AL_ (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BF51AAF4-3E39-4262-B536-EE49A6B36B5C (resized).jpeg
    dragon3 (resized).jpg
    FE930D05-6C9F-4CF6-A523-C7AF64FB3053.jpeg
    CF35BA93-3A9C-474E-8EDA-91E9E71DEA8E.gif
    1999 playfield (resized).jpg
    space1999 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

great show, but like only 50 people are alive that even remember it.

#18 5 years ago

Came out in the late 70's, two seasons. Season 1 was excellent, season 2, not so much. The Anderson's were getting divorced, so things went down hill fast. All of Season 1 is great, Dragon's Domain was the last episode of Season 1 I think.

I still watch the show on DVD, lots and lots of Hammer Horror stars including Cushing, Lee, and Darth Vader.

#25 5 years ago

There was a UFO series on during the late 70's, but it was pretty straight. There were 2 Air Force Officers who went around and investigated UFO sightings. I remember watching it, and thinking the effects were very good for it's time. Have not seen it since.

Anybody ever watch Land of the Giants? Barely remember it, but is it any good? The kids version was Dr. Shrinker, a Marty/Kroft series.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

<blockquote cite="#4753247"
    Anybody ever watch Land of the Giants? Barely remember it, but is it any good? The kids version was Dr. Shrinker, a Marty/Kroft series.
    I remember Land of the Lost from the Kroft team. Marshall, Will and Holly...….Slestaks...

Not that one, it was a prime time series from the late 60's/early 70's.

#32 5 years ago

Ok, maybe 100 worldwide.

Look - I love the show, I used to watch it as a kid and have very fond memories of it. Some of it has aged very well due to good writing, effects, and production(Season 1), but it isn't popular nor remembered well.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

I think that show was called Project Blue Book. I remember it too. Land of the Giants was a cool show when I was a kid. I really liked it a lot and watched it Saturday mornings. It was an Irwin Allen series.

I think that is it. Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_U.F.O.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from kaboom:

Good backglass candidate there on pic2

That's a Season 2 shot. Stick with something from Season 1.

The best part of the series for me was the opening credits, they way the spliced in shots from the upcoming episode, then it cut to Barry Morse. Great memories.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Would love a remake with some better science, something more believable. Still, lots of cool concepts.

I'll pass. Look what they did with Lost in Space.

#51 5 years ago
    Quoted from kaboom:

I watched a doco on the making of the show and how the producers came in and demanded more Monsters " Monsters are in right now ". The same producers came back to view session 2 episodes and remarked " what's with all the Monsters " management to a T .
    My take on the Monsters is they are all rolled into one Mode from lamest to scariest as the mode shots are collected.
    Perhaps a bone spitting Monster multiball for completion.
    There is way too many episodes to bring every element into what realistically is a 30 minute game from start to wizard mode.
    ....Lots of RED ALERTS though.

Which is funny because the other great Sci-Fi tv show, The Outer Limits, also had 1.5 seasons, just like 1999. And unlike 1999, in it's shortned season 2 they stopped having a monster of the week, for the most part.

Monsters - can't live with em, or without them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-1999-v1-boardset-test-theme-?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.