3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Jackalwere
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MV5BY2E3OGYxM2EtMDAxMi00ZWU1LWJhY2QtM2Q1OGNjMDFkM2U5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@__V1_SY1000_CR0,0,704,1000_AL_ (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BF51AAF4-3E39-4262-B536-EE49A6B36B5C (resized).jpeg
    dragon3 (resized).jpg
    FE930D05-6C9F-4CF6-A523-C7AF64FB3053.jpeg
    CF35BA93-3A9C-474E-8EDA-91E9E71DEA8E.gif
    1999 playfield (resized).jpg
    space1999 (resized).jpg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 months ago

Theme to be used for the testing of a V1 system boardset.

space1999 (resized).jpg

Playfield first draft

1999 playfield (resized).jpg

#2 3 months ago

Any playfield options for the upper left corner, or might that be a platform for toys?

#3 3 months ago

A platform for toys I'd reckoned. My first feeling is the rising gun turret on Alpha.

#4 3 months ago

Nice...What will be the smash toy?

#5 3 months ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Nice...What will be the smash toy?

Eagle 1 will hover over that area and interact.
    I have 3 different scale models of the eagle to play with for sizing.

#6 3 months ago

I love to see new homebrew machines. What are you using as software for your machine?

Jan

#7 3 months ago

One of my favorite sci-fi shows! Looking forward to seeing this one progress and how the theme gets integrated.

#8 3 months ago

great show, but like only 50 people are alive that even remember it.

#9 3 months ago

I remember this show just because one of my "hand me down" toys was the ship and I loved it.

#10 3 months ago

Show was fun when I was a kid. Could be great Boomer-gen and older Gen-Xer theme.

#11 3 months ago

Lol I did t realize it was a show, thought it was an original theme...guess I am too young lol

#12 3 months ago

It was late 60’s, early seventies. It was both campy and some episodes had great writing. Ships were badass at the time. I got an Eagle-1 for Christmas and thought it was the best present ever!

CF35BA93-3A9C-474E-8EDA-91E9E71DEA8E.gifFE930D05-6C9F-4CF6-A523-C7AF64FB3053.jpeg
    #13 3 months ago

Put in the monster from Dragon's Domain if you want to give players nightmares.

dragon3 (resized).jpg
    #14 3 months ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

[quoted image]

Oh snap! Was that the one that spit out bones? Creeped me out!!

#15 3 months ago

I was six years old when I saw it do that.

#16 3 months ago

I was six years old when I saw it do that.

I was 6 also. Scary episode at that age.

#17 3 months ago

Make that the toy in front of the magnet and have it rise up and down between absent (flush with playfield) and fully up (open mouth). Lock balls by hitting targets behind it when it's down and the magnet then catches the ball, the monster comes up, and the magnet does a release-and-pulse to flick the ball into its open mouth to drop into a subway lock, thus mirroring the episode.

If it can also come halfway up, you can also use it as a bash toy and kill the monster by hitting the exposed glowing eye.

#18 3 months ago

Came out in the late 70's, two seasons. Season 1 was excellent, season 2, not so much. The Anderson's were getting divorced, so things went down hill fast. All of Season 1 is great, Dragon's Domain was the last episode of Season 1 I think.

I still watch the show on DVD, lots and lots of Hammer Horror stars including Cushing, Lee, and Darth Vader.

#19 3 months ago

I wached all the episodes, but can remember specific highlights.
    Love to watch it though.
    At the time there was also Battlestar Galactica....

#20 3 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Well I'm one of them. The series is playing now on over the air Comet TV in my area. Brings back a lot of memories.

#21 3 months ago

Another one of the 50 who remember it, and remember it fondly I do......

UFO was another classic BBC Sci-Fi, even predates Space1999

#22 3 months ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Another one of the 50 who remember it, and remember it fondly I do......
    UFO was another classic BBC Sci-Fi, even predates Space1999

Hmmm never saw that one, Doctor Who yes but not that one.

#23 3 months ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmm never saw that one, Doctor Who yes but not that one.

Here is some info on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_(TV_series)

#24 3 months ago

UFO is the better tv series (IMHO),.. the opening music is brilliant, the UFO’s and interceptors are brilliant,.. and the purple wigs on the women running moon base is just too cool. Space 1999 was what was supposed to be series #3 of UFO I believe. If there is ever a UFO tv series themed pin made,.. I am front of queue.

BF51AAF4-3E39-4262-B536-EE49A6B36B5C (resized).jpeg
    #25 3 months ago

There was a UFO series on during the late 70's, but it was pretty straight. There were 2 Air Force Officers who went around and investigated UFO sightings. I remember watching it, and thinking the effects were very good for it's time. Have not seen it since.

Anybody ever watch Land of the Giants? Barely remember it, but is it any good? The kids version was Dr. Shrinker, a Marty/Kroft series.

#26 3 months ago

<blockquote cite="#4753247"
    Anybody ever watch Land of the Giants? Barely remember it, but is it any good? The kids version was Dr. Shrinker, a Marty/Kroft series.

I remember Land of the Lost from the Kroft team. Marshall, Will and Holly...….Slestaks...

#27 3 months ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan:

&lt;blockquote cite="#4753247"
    I remember Land of the Lost from the Kroft team. Marshall, Will and Holly...….Slestaks...

Not that one, it was a prime time series from the late 60's/early 70's.

#28 3 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Wrong.

#29 3 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Hey!

#30 3 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

There are still a lot of us in NZ and Australia who watched, enjoyed and remember the Andersons shows.. a wee bit more than 50 of us,.. probably more popular out here.

#31 3 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

There was a UFO series on during the late 70's, but it was pretty straight. There were 2 Air Force Officers who went around and investigated UFO sightings. I remember watching it, and thinking the effects were very good for it's time. Have not seen it since.

I think that show was called Project Blue Book. I remember it too. Land of the Giants was a cool show when I was a kid. I really liked it a lot and watched it Saturday mornings. It was an Irwin Allen series.

#32 3 months ago

Ok, maybe 100 worldwide.

Look - I love the show, I used to watch it as a kid and have very fond memories of it. Some of it has aged very well due to good writing, effects, and production(Season 1), but it isn't popular nor remembered well.

#33 3 months ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

I think that show was called Project Blue Book. I remember it too. Land of the Giants was a cool show when I was a kid. I really liked it a lot and watched it Saturday mornings. It was an Irwin Allen series.

I think that is it. Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_U.F.O.

#34 3 months ago

My favorite episode, the 2 parter the bringers of wonder.

The first picture. The second picture just a show pic.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #35 3 months ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

My favorite episode, the 2 parter the bringers of wonder.
    The first picture. The second picture just a show pic.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Good backglass candidate there on pic2

#36 3 months ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan:

&lt;blockquote cite="#4753247"

Land of the Giants was a pretty good show. There was a show then called "Time Tunnel " that was good also.

#37 3 months ago
    Quoted from kaboom:

Good backglass candidate there on pic2

That's a Season 2 shot. Stick with something from Season 1.

The best part of the series for me was the opening credits, they way the spliced in shots from the upcoming episode, then it cut to Barry Morse. Great memories.

#38 3 months ago

Dragon's Domain is also a memorable episode because monsters were used sparingly in season one, they gave it a hell of an impact and left it an enigma without explaining what it really was. Season two with Fred Frieberger as producer had monsters up the wazoo. There's no way a good Space 1999 game could leave out Maya though.

#39 3 months ago

[quoted image]

It’s been more than 40 years, and that picture still wigs me out.

#40 3 months ago

The special effects were pretty good in Space 1999 and the sets were convincing for the day. It was certainly more convincing then Dr Who in that respect (which I loved) with its cheap, cardboard, wobbly sets The comlock with the little screen in it was pretty cool and the hand laser weapon too.

UFO used to freak me out as a kid but I couldn't get enough. Skydiver was just the best thing in the world It was a very atmospheric show and there was always a sense of unease when I watched it.

#41 3 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That's a Season 2 shot. Stick with something from Season 1.
    The best part of the series for me was the opening credits, they way the spliced in shots from the upcoming episode, then it cut to Barry Morse. Great memories.

I loved the upcoming episode clips as well. I'm surprised more TV shows didn't do that. I know the original Mission Impossible series did. They even do it in the opening credits of the movie versions now as well.

#42 3 months ago

The whole series is available on shoutfactory TV (http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/). I just rewatched them, much more cheesier than I remember from my childhood, especially Maya's alien creatures - great fun though. Would love a remake with some better science, something more believable. Still, lots of cool concepts.

#43 3 months ago

Space 1999 remake by bbc. Like dr who. Winner winner for a Tv show.

Pin would be good too, but they have not even made a new doctor who yet.

I think a new show would be kick ass.

#44 3 months ago

Can you imagine a new space 1999 that is as good as dr who now or the battle star galactica reboot?

I can!

#45 3 months ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Would love a remake with some better science, something more believable. Still, lots of cool concepts.

I'll pass. Look what they did with Lost in Space.

#46 3 months ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

The whole series is available on shoutfactory TV (http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/). I just rewatched them, much more cheesier than I remember from my childhood, especially Maya's alien creatures - great fun though. Would love a remake with some better science, something more believable. Still, lots of cool concepts.

Yup the Maya alien creatures were shit

Just remembered the Hawk ships. Brilliant!

#47 3 months ago

image (resized).jpeg
    #48 3 months ago

I was in the fourth grade when I saw this.

Nice.

#49 3 months ago

Dragon's Domain is also a memorable episode because monsters were used sparingly in season one, they gave it a hell of an impact and left it an enigma without explaining what it really was. Season two with Fred Frieberger as producer had monsters up the wazoo. There's no way a good Space 1999 game could leave out Maya though.

I watched a doco on the making of the show and how the producers came in and demanded more Monsters " Monsters are in right now ". The same producers came back to view session 2 episodes and remarked " what's with all the Monsters " management to a T .
    My take on the Monsters is they are all rolled into one Mode from lamest to scariest as the mode shots are collected.
    Perhaps a bone spitting Monster multiball for completion.
    There is way too many episodes to bring every element into what realistically is a 30 minute game from start to wizard mode.
    ....Lots of RED ALERTS though.

#50 3 months ago

Loved this show when it premiered on American TV...….

Built ALL the models!

Good premise- Earth dumped all its toxic waste on the moon. An explosion in the toxic waste dump sends the moon out of orbit.

My fav- Maya, the alien who could change into any living creature.

I was into all the shows mentioned in this thread....
    BSG, Project Blue book, UFO.....
    I thought the BSG reboot was good!

MV5BY2E3OGYxM2EtMDAxMi00ZWU1LWJhY2QtM2Q1OGNjMDFkM2U5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@__V1_SY1000_CR0,0,704,1000_AL_ (resized).jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.00
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Protection
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 3.70
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 64.99
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 59.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 224.99
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside