(Topic ID: 114365)

So...will anyone start making Sega parts again?

By balboarules

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I know Stern bought out Sega, question is this.. Sega parts are GONE.. many ramps, plastics, etc.. Will anyone be taking this on in the future? I see a lot of Sega games that need plastics and parts, and most of the time it comes down to posting in forum's hoping to get lucky..

Just curious if anyone has any info on this..

#2 9 years ago

Data East as well. I would like to be able to get parts.

3 weeks later
    #3 9 years ago

Doesn't stern own all the rights to both?

#4 9 years ago

Yes, I believe some are the same parts. Probably some are obsolete.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

I know Stern bought out Sega

Yes, but first Data east (run by Gary) was sold to SEGA (but he still ran it), then he bought it when they decided to get out of that market (and then he renamed it after himself). So although Gary never left, he didn't actually own the company until 1999.

Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Doesn't stern own all the rights to both?

From what I've read, Gary gave up his data east license rights to an ex-wife and she doesn't seem to be doing anything with it. As far as parts though, he may still have access to the archive of prints.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sowill-anyone-start-making-sega-parts-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.