Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 339 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Part_3
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What will be the next genre of game Stern releases?”

• Television Themed Pin 25 votes
      8%
    • Comic Super Hero Pin 27 votes
      8%
    • Action Movie Based Pin 31 votes
      10%
    • Cartoon Based Pin 13 votes
      4%
    • Zombie Theme Pin 126 votes
      39%
    • Music Pin - Rock and Roll 54 votes
      17%
    • Music Pin - Not Rock and Roll (MJ perhaps) 7 votes
      2%
    • R rated adult themed pin 19 votes
      6%
    • Pin targeting children like Angry Birds or a video game theme 18 votes
      6%

(320 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KriegersVan.png
    archer-4-s.jpg
    2162.f.jpg
    ArcherSkinGame.jpg
    images-8-343.jpeg
    images-7-688.jpeg
    Yesssss!.png
    garbagepailkids2.jpg
    garbage-pail-kids.jpg
    image.jpg
    Rambo_rides_Godzilia.jpg
    image.jpg
    the-official-50th-anniversary-mustang-.jpg
    TheWhoPinball-Guscade.jpg
    Unknown-8.jpeg
    images.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Part_3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#169 10 years ago

Is Gomez up in the rotation? Will he still be making games in his new VP position? What's the rotating lineup these days, besides Borg, Ritchie and possibly Gomez?

#176 10 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Gomez says he has done his last design and is out of the rotation as VP.

Interesting. Have they named a replacement yet? I would hope Borg and Ritchie have some sort of apprentices. This kinda knowledge needs to be passed on to a new generation.

#188 10 years ago

Next summers' big movies are:

Amazing Spider-Man 2
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    Transformers 4
    Fast and Furious 7
    TMNT

Too early for another Transformers or X-Men. Maybe....Maybe...Spider-Man 2, but I think it's still TOO SOON.

TMNT hasn't been a Pin in over 20 years....

But my guess is Fast and Furious 7. This is a mature franchise that is actually in its peak, not declining. Would bring in the younger crowds, and might be a great showcase for an LCD. I could see this as a late summer or fall release.

1 month later
    #297 10 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

When talking to John Borg during Expo he told me he originally was supposed to have his next game ready in January, but that got switched with John Trudeau (which he was very happy with). So first Trudeau, John Borg's game after that (April).

And Ritchie at the end of 2014 with Fast & Furious A.K.A High Speed III.

#299 10 years ago

Looks like Ritchie confirmed the new system boards for the next game. He was supposed to get them for Star Trek, but they weren't ready.

He also said new displays (LCD??) are coming withing the next couple of games.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/highlights-of-steve-richies-speach-in-houston

1 week later
    #306 10 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So lets say F&F is a lock for April and Superman for October next year. Whats Mr Trudeau releasing in JAN?
    It's less than 2 months away and we have no info. Inquiring minds want to know

There will be three next year, like 2012. Early, Summer, Late. Trudeau is up next, Borg does summer release, and Ritchie does end of year.

That's the best summary I can put together based on various threads.

Take that for what you will, but it looks like Borg is doing F&F.

#313 10 years ago

Ritchie said in at the recent Texas Expo that the new boards and screens would be on the next game or the one after it. Guess we'll find out which one's first next year. He also said Star Trek was originally supposed to have the new system, but wasn't ready in time.

1 week later
    #319 10 years ago

F&F was highly rumored for a next summer Pin, but I'm not sure how Paul Walker's tragic and untimely death with affect the movie, or the rumored Pin.

#325 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_101:

I would like to hear about the process Stern Uses to decide which pin is next. I'm in 40s and would like to see more family titles. WOZ was great idea for pin. Hobbit great idea. FF, superman, acdc, Metallica, transformers- not so much. Although some of these might be great pins, I wouldnt want to play them with my kids. I think jjp and stern are after two different markets stern courting younger crowd and jjp 40 and over.
    I would pay for a submarine "hunt for red October" type pin. I think jjp could do a lot with that.

How is Superman not family friendly?

#337 10 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Was this a late change?? after the new FF movie got pulled?

I doubt it, since F&F was rumored for a summer release witrh the movie. This one (Mustang) would have been in the works for many months.

#339 10 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

well movie time lines can move with other tie in's working off of the first time line.
    also an Mustang and FF game seem to much of the same.

Mustang was leaked 8 months ago.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mustang-pin-for-50th-anniversary

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Part_3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sowhats-next-for-stern?tu=Part_3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.