Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 339 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Part_3
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What will be the next genre of game Stern releases?”

• Television Themed Pin 25 votes
      8%
    • Comic Super Hero Pin 27 votes
      8%
    • Action Movie Based Pin 31 votes
      10%
    • Cartoon Based Pin 13 votes
      4%
    • Zombie Theme Pin 126 votes
      39%
    • Music Pin - Rock and Roll 54 votes
      17%
    • Music Pin - Not Rock and Roll (MJ perhaps) 7 votes
      2%
    • R rated adult themed pin 19 votes
      6%
    • Pin targeting children like Angry Birds or a video game theme 18 votes
      6%

(320 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KriegersVan.png
    archer-4-s.jpg
    2162.f.jpg
    ArcherSkinGame.jpg
    images-8-343.jpeg
    images-7-688.jpeg
    Yesssss!.png
    garbagepailkids2.jpg
    garbage-pail-kids.jpg
    image.jpg
    Rambo_rides_Godzilia.jpg
    image.jpg
    the-official-50th-anniversary-mustang-.jpg
    TheWhoPinball-Guscade.jpg
    Unknown-8.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 10 years ago

The Who 50th Anniversary
    TheWhoPinball-Guscade.jpgTheWhoPinball-Guscade.jpg

Mustang 50th Anniversary
    the-official-50th-anniversary-mustang-.jpgthe-official-50th-anniversary-mustang-.jpg

#152 10 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Judging by the aroma in the parking lot of the last auction I was at, I bet a cannabis pin would sell like chocolate covered hotcakes

awesome, and yes I would buy it

#153 10 years ago
    Quoted from bjsilverballs:

(...) when's the last time Stern put out a machine that had gore of any sort on it? Big Buck Hunter didn't have splattered deer on it anywhere, did it?

Thumb up for that one... A Limited Edition gore version of BBH...that made me laugh
    (By the way, is Abacusman around?)

#154 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

The Who 50th Anniversary

Would like to see that. No photos. Hand drawn, pop art through mid seventies look.

#155 10 years ago

The next them will be..... Grease

#156 10 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

The next them will be..... Grease

Oh Nooooooooo!

#157 10 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Enough of the music themes. You need something everyone can agree on. Like Howard The Duck.

I got quite a chuckle out of that.

#158 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

The Who 50th Anniversary

Mustang 50th Anniversary

Heck, if we are dreaming and tossing out 50th Anniversary titles . . . one game: Doctor Who 2

#159 10 years ago

If I dont get my Ron Burgandy pin by the end of 2014, Im gonna lose it...

#160 10 years ago

I bet by the time the expo is over we will know what the next game will be. Perhaps I should make that into a new poll.

#161 10 years ago

I don't know what's next,
    BUT
    if you are reading this Gary ...
    Michael Jackson pinball will make very good business sense for you
    (and one of the 999 LEs will look great at my place!)

#162 10 years ago

Sensing a Godzilla? Hoping something walking dead.

#163 10 years ago

Muppets.

#164 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Futurama would also be a cool theme

My 10 year old son said the exact same thing yesterday. It would probably be my first NIB after I had played it of course.

#165 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmods:

I predict rice paper-thin plastics, an inkjet printed playfield and photoshopped cut and pasted artwork. Oh and it will be priced at the same price as a WOZ even though it has no LCD and vastly inferior build quality. Oh, and if you pony up an extra $1000 for a "limited edition", Gary will personally go to Toys R' Us and buy an action figure to screw onto one of the playfield plastics for you.

I lol'd

#166 10 years ago

Music Pin to appeal to the young masses on route - Kate Perry or another NEW artist that is hot at the moment.

#167 10 years ago

Whatevers next I am sure they are going to be tight lipped about it given what has been going on with WOZ down here.

#168 10 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Whatevers next I am sure they are going to be tight lipped about it given what has been going on with WOZ down here.

Not sure what you mean. What's been happening with WOZ?

#169 10 years ago

Is Gomez up in the rotation? Will he still be making games in his new VP position? What's the rotating lineup these days, besides Borg, Ritchie and possibly Gomez?

#170 10 years ago

Angry Birds! Break the Band/Super Hero/Movie Tie-In rut!

#171 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

Is Gomez up in the rotation? Will he still be making games in his new VP position? What's the rotating lineup these days, besides Borg, Ritchie and possibly Gomez?

Gomez says he has done his last design and is out of the rotation as VP.

#172 10 years ago

Trudeau is next.

#173 10 years ago

I'm ok with walking dead or resident evil, they need to bust one of those out and I'm in

#174 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Heck, if we are dreaming and tossing out 50th Anniversary titles . . . one game: Doctor Who 2

Yeah, I'd be game.

#175 10 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Yeah, I'd be game.

Me too.

#176 10 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Gomez says he has done his last design and is out of the rotation as VP.

Interesting. Have they named a replacement yet? I would hope Borg and Ritchie have some sort of apprentices. This kinda knowledge needs to be passed on to a new generation.

#177 10 years ago

With the success of Ac/dc and Met and relative poor performance of TF, Xmen and TAV, I'd think another music pin is on tap.........

#178 10 years ago

I thought John Trudeau was hired to replace George Gomez in the rotation...

Quoted from Part_3:

Interesting. Have they named a replacement yet? I would hope Borg and Ritchie have some sort of apprentices. This kinda knowledge needs to be passed on to a new generation.

#179 10 years ago

I believe another Borg title is for April and Trudeau is after that. They are giving him extra development time.

#180 10 years ago

If they want a music pin, go with Rocky Horror Picture Show .... Let's do the Time Warp again!

#181 10 years ago

Nah, if they are going to do another music pin, let it be RUSH.

#182 10 years ago

Don't know if this was broached, but with the Freddie Mercury movie in the works, add a "Queen" pin to the discussion? Movie/music tie ins....lots of music and artwork to work with....have to say though I would throw down deposit for Iron Maiden or Rob Zombie w/o hesitating....

#183 10 years ago

scooby doo

#184 10 years ago

Ren & Stimpy

image.jpgimage.jpg

#185 10 years ago

Awesome theme. Easy way to do a cool Haunted House theme yet have a timeless license attached.

#186 10 years ago

It will have pixelated, photoshopped artwork that was done by someone off of Craigslist and plastics so thin they are transparent. It will have zero attempt at innovation. They'll have an "LE" model which the sheep will rapidly snap up because more of the same is perfectly fine.

Oh and the theme will be whatever mainstream TV show or Movie was popular 9 months ago.

#187 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmods:

It will have pixelated, photoshopped artwork that was done by someone off of Craigslist and plastics so thin they are transparent. It will have zero attempt at innovation. They'll have an "LE" model which the sheep will rapidly snap up because more of the same is perfectly fine.
    Oh and the theme will be whatever mainstream TV show or Movie was popular 9 months ago.

Ouch...

#188 10 years ago

Next summers' big movies are:

Amazing Spider-Man 2
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    Transformers 4
    Fast and Furious 7
    TMNT

Too early for another Transformers or X-Men. Maybe....Maybe...Spider-Man 2, but I think it's still TOO SOON.

TMNT hasn't been a Pin in over 20 years....

But my guess is Fast and Furious 7. This is a mature franchise that is actually in its peak, not declining. Would bring in the younger crowds, and might be a great showcase for an LCD. I could see this as a late summer or fall release.

#189 10 years ago

mc hammer

#190 10 years ago

I like to see a Zombie pinball but much more a original non-licensed theme.

#191 10 years ago
    Quoted from credinger:

Awesome theme. Easy way to do a cool Haunted House theme yet have a timeless license attached.

Scooby would be a fun idea!

#193 10 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Don't know if this was broached, but with the Freddie Mercury movie in the works, add a "Queen" pin to the discussion?

QUEEN! That will sell fast and be a great overseas product, especially in the UK & Australia!

#195 10 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Don't know if this was broached, but with the Freddie Mercury movie in the works, add a "Queen" pin to the discussion? Movie/music tie ins....lots of music and artwork to work with....have to say though I would throw down deposit for Iron Maiden or Rob Zombie w/o hesitating....

While music pins would wear on me, I think I could handle a Queen pin. I like the AC/DC pin, it is fun, but if it were the same table rethemed Queen (or Spinal Tap) I would be all over it. I think plenty of people would love a Spinal Tap pin, short selections though.

#196 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bankruptcy multiball!

Thinking Bankruptcy multiBill.

And what is with the Star Wars link? Are they hooked into the next Disney film already?

#197 10 years ago

Did anyone see the Rambo rides Godzilla picture on Sterns Face book page?

Rambo_rides_Godzilia.jpgRambo_rides_Godzilia.jpg

#198 10 years ago

Well this thread did not turned out like I had anticipated. Nobody is coming up front and spilling his gut. Come on share the good news. We have to agree at least on the fact that the next pin was name in this thread maybe even the next 3 pins. So many great themes I just hope they are not going quick buck and give us something like Thor cause of the upcoming movie and the next Avengers. Resident Evil and Fast and Furious respect Stern philosophy and would sell easy.

5 and 7 sequels plus you could do like 5 more to each. Solid movie franchise, lots of Stars, cool possible artwork, videos for possible LCD upgrades, zombies, fast rides. $$$$$$$

Would love a new Star Wars for the new trilogy and an Iron Maiden
    Futurama and The Big Lebowsky, huge fan

We will see but I'm I the only one who thinks Star Trek deployement happen very fast ?
    I mean we all knew it was happening but a few days only after the official video teaser annoucement we had in game videos and maybe the week after it was already for sale and distributors had them in stock.

Real fast, I remember not so long ago we had to wait forever for a Metallica annoucement video, like a month for in game videos and after wait forever to be able to buy it.

what's going on ?

#199 10 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

And what is with the Star Wars link?

Someone on Ebay don't know the difference between Star Wars & Star Trek i guess. ^^

#200 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

QUEEN! That will sell fast and be a great overseas product, especially in the UK & Australia!

No doubt it would sell great there. 'Flash (Gordon)' wizard mode. Not sure if the US would be ready for it. What kind of 'toys' would that machine have..

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sowhats-next-for-stern/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.