Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 339 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Part_3
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What will be the next genre of game Stern releases?”

• Television Themed Pin 25 votes
      8%
    • Comic Super Hero Pin 27 votes
      8%
    • Action Movie Based Pin 31 votes
      10%
    • Cartoon Based Pin 13 votes
      4%
    • Zombie Theme Pin 126 votes
      39%
    • Music Pin - Rock and Roll 54 votes
      17%
    • Music Pin - Not Rock and Roll (MJ perhaps) 7 votes
      2%
    • R rated adult themed pin 19 votes
      6%
    • Pin targeting children like Angry Birds or a video game theme 18 votes
      6%

(320 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KriegersVan.png
    archer-4-s.jpg
    2162.f.jpg
    ArcherSkinGame.jpg
    images-8-343.jpeg
    images-7-688.jpeg
    Yesssss!.png
    garbagepailkids2.jpg
    garbage-pail-kids.jpg
    image.jpg
    Rambo_rides_Godzilia.jpg
    image.jpg
    the-official-50th-anniversary-mustang-.jpg
    TheWhoPinball-Guscade.jpg
    Unknown-8.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 10 years ago

John Trudeau was only hired by Stern not too long ago. Looking back it was May 2013. His game would be next, but it would be several months still because there hasn't been enough time for him to get it completed.

Post edited by frolic : fixed year

#52 10 years ago

I'd love to see what Borg could whip up if he had a year...or Richie time...a year and s half.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

oh man, game of thrones, they can take my money now!

Game of Thrones is pretty sweet. I could see a big model of the iron throne with a dragon coiled around it as the main toy. But... Way too much material to work with, they'd have to program in 50 modes just to cover the main characters threads! The rules would make TSPP look shallow.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

MUPPETS
    take my money

Not sure why, but if done right this would actually be a fun theme. The key is it has to be a fun game beneath the theme. This one can't rely on the IP alone.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

John Trudeau was only hired by Stern not too long ago. Looking back it was May 2012.

Actually it is reported he started in May 2013. I wonder how long it could take before his first game hits the production line. If he had a design in mind before starting with Stern, I imagine we could see something by June 2014.
    http://www.pinballnews.com/news/trudeau.html

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Actually it is reported he started in May 2013

yes, you are correct, i had the year wrong. yes to my point, he needs more time.

#57 10 years ago

ROBOTECH, talk about some cool toys and a theme that you could do anything with, yeah, that's what's coming next

#58 10 years ago

I think the next one should be resident evil. I will buy a le of one of those right away . Lets all get together and send stern an email to please release a resident evil movie pinball .....that would be awesome .....who is with me ?

#59 10 years ago

Just a reminder (and it doesn't really matter all that much) this thread was intended more towards the: what do you think Stern WILL do next as opposed to what SHOULD or would you LIKE Stern do next.

Anyway, thanks for all the responses and the votes. I'm still amazed no one has any real idea of what Stern has in store for the next game. Usually info is out by now.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinaddict0315:

I think the next one should be resident evil. I will buy a le of one of those right away . Lets all get together and send stern an email to please release a resident evil movie pinball .....that would be awesome .....who is with me ?

I'm with you. But I'd like the Resident Evil pin to be the unveiling of the LCD screen. There is a ton of big time special effects they could draw from.

I just don't think Stern is going to release the LCD screen until the last pin in 2014 or first in 2015 . . . could be a long time from now. I think Star Trek's sales will dictate that for them.

#61 10 years ago

It's going to be a whale watching game, where you get better views from harder shots... I think the point is that anyones guess is as good as anothers at this point, because noone has any idea. They can make/are making whatever they want, ST was the only I knew was a real probability. And if there is inside info I would love to hear it to know whether or not to wait on buying ST, as I cannot afford multiple NIB pins.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm with you. But I'd like the Resident Evil pin to be the unveiling of the LCD screen. There is a ton of big time special effects they could draw from.
    I just don't think Stern is going to release the LCD screen until the last pin in 2014 or first in 2015 . . . could be a long time from now. I think Star Trek's sales will dictate that for them.

My guess is not until The Hobbit if other pins come out like Full Throttle or Captain Nemo. Probably 2015 when technology really advances. Ha ha ala ha! At least they could do it in all color display would be a step up like others have shown can be done.

#63 10 years ago

I think it will be Kiss. I don't have any facts to back this up other than the Kiss rumor was hot and heavy for a time before Metallica was leaked

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I think it will be Kiss. I don't have any facts to back this up other than the Kiss rumor was hot and heavy for a time before Metallica was leaked

Ignoring the $3K a machine license Gene ( KISS ) wanted. ( which killed it )

LTG : )

#65 10 years ago

Soon that will be barely 10% of msrp. I'm sticking with Kiss! In fact, set it in stone!!!

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

My guess is not until The Hobbit if other pins come out like Full Throttle or Captain Nemo. Probably 2015 when technology really advances.

I agree with you fully. I would like Stern to do the LCD now but until they feel they are missing out on sales that are going to another company I do not believe they will make the switch. Perhaps I am wrong and the switch is already planned for next release (and that is why everything about the next game is so hush hush), but I just don't think so.

#67 10 years ago

Highly unlikely on Kiss and we don't need another one.

I'll pick my top 5 bands for a pin:

Led Zeppelin

Depeche Mode

The Clash

White Stripes

Pearl Jam

#68 10 years ago

Maybe JT will get to do his Forbidden Planet ?

#69 10 years ago

I think Ozzy is next.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

I think Ozzy is next.

Hmm, Black Sabbath would be pretty cool. They don't have as many songs that I like as some of the other bands that have been released but the songs of theirs I like I really like a great deal. Paranoid, War Pigs, Iron Man and a few more . . . not a bad idea.

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hmm, Black Sabbath would be pretty cool. They don't have as many songs that I like as some of the other bands that have been released but the songs of theirs I like I really like a great deal. Paranoid, War Pigs, Iron Man and a few more . . . not a bad idea.

To be a proper Ozzy pin it needs to include Black Sabbath and everything that's come after. And yes, a Crazy Train toy, to finish the train trilogy with CC and ACDC.

#72 10 years ago

i could care less. I realize many of you live or die in this industry and I feel bad for you. The industry leader, Stern, is not really a leader.

#73 10 years ago

you know, i looked back at your poll and honestly, what does it matter? I couldn't pick one to click on...it will be a variation on some pin i already own. What's the point?

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from 35mm:

you know, i looked back at your poll and honestly, what does it matter? I couldn't pick one to click on...it will be a variation on some pin i already own. What's the point?

Pinball is ultimately a game of the person against the forces of gravity with some randomization. There are limited playfield layouts and ways for the toys to interact with the ball.

You have a Stern heavy collection and a lot of the really new ones to boot. Consider moving to some of the more off the wall games like RFM and Safe Cracker or maybe some of the 80's game . . . they had a lot of good games. Doing this may increase your interest in the hobby some if you are facing burnout. Just a respectful and friendly suggestion.

#75 10 years ago

I see a 'Castle Crazyness' pin coming. It's absolutely nothing like a pinball that was once out called Medieval something or other. Honest.

OK, the layout looks very much like it, the ramps look to be almost identically placed, and there are toys in roughly the same places with similar rules, but that's just completely coincidental.

Plus Castle Crazyness does't have any of the way cool moving bits and pieces so it's certainly not the same.

Also, this one will be cutting edge with a new shade of red for the display and no nice picture around the speakers giving it a 'cleaner' look. It will also have a MUCH bigger price tag to prove how much better it is and they'll make two versions. One without anything you saw in the teaser ads making you feel cheap even though you spent all your savings on it, and one that's a teeny tiny bit more (or there about's) that has all the stuff you thought you would get on the one you could afford.

I for one can barely contain my excitement and see this being a real seller!

#76 10 years ago

Toy Story
    Haunted Mansion

#77 10 years ago

No! Gary please, no. I want the "other major manufacturer of real pinball machines" to do that theme.

#78 10 years ago

Hard to say, are there any wpc's left they haven't done?

#79 10 years ago

TWD is coming. Gonna be television show based license.

#80 10 years ago

Walking Dead next.

Then KISS or Iron Maiden.

Iron Maiden would be cool. KISS fans would buy a ton of the LE. Easy sell for Stern.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

TWD is coming. Gonna be television show based license.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Walking Dead next.

I think you guys are correct, and with a dominating 38% of the vote for zombie theme'd pin I think most people here agree. Totally just a guess on our part though, so far no inside source has indicated they have the license.

If it is based on the tv show they will only have three (maybe three and half tops) seasons to work with. I bet AMC is more liberal with the license than Disney and Paramount though and allow more hand drawn art . . . I hope so. (Really wish they would do it based on the comics and not the show, but I'd be happy with any zombie pin.)

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Highly unlikely on Kiss

Wasn't it the licensing fees that has done this title in with Stern in the past? They have a rabid fan base and this machine would sell. Also, their main dude has a Kiss pinball machine in his basement that was always on his TV show so perhaps he has a soft spot for pinball and wants a new machine.

Also has a rabid fan base but a bit younger fan base. Pearl Jam has had their own station on XM/Serious radio for what seems like forever and still actively tours and puts out music. They would be the first band best known for their 90's work (I know an argument can be made that GNR is best known for their 90's work).

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

damn i hope i won't be the only who voted for a R rated adult themed pin.

You're not!

Somebody, please license Python to make his Zingy Bingy pinball a reality!

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just a reminder (and it doesn't really matter all that much) this thread was intended more towards the: what do you think Stern WILL do next as opposed to what SHOULD or would you LIKE Stern do next.

Well then, the answer is clear! They'll read my open letter and do Rob Zombie's Spookhouse.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-open-letter-to-stern-this-should-be-your-next-license

#85 10 years ago

I am not sure why so many people think the walking dead will happen. It would be totally awesome and it is totally the one I want, I just don't think it would ever happen. I didnt know if there was some kind of teased announcement or something saying this might happen?

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from Amarillopinball:

I didnt know if there was some kind of teased announcement or something saying this might happen?

There have been no teases for TWD that I have seen. They've teased super man, hot wheels, Angry Birds, and Iron Maiden in the recent past as I recall.

Speaking of hot wheels, I guess I forgot to include "sports related themes" like BBH, NBA, NFL, etc. That is also possible for a change of pace style game.

#87 10 years ago

I agree Tigerlaw, no indication of any credible rumors regarding what Stern's next pin will be, and nobody has come forth in this thread with any info either. Which makes the poll more of a "I HOPE that Sterns next title is..." (despite your request to make it what you intended).

It sure is fun to speculate, but it is interesting that we have no credible rumors from any of the typical sources. Star Trek was the worst kept secret ever, especially when we saw that Stern was listed as a licensee on Paramount's website.

#88 10 years ago

Twd will be comic based and I hope looks like centaur

#89 10 years ago

hopefully they dont do superman within the next 2 years, then we could possibly have a batman vs superman from the new movie

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from Amarillopinball:

then we could possibly have a batman vs superman from the new movie

With Affleck on the translite? No thanks.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I agree Tigerlaw, no indication of any credible rumors regarding what Stern's next pin will be, and nobody has come forth in this thread with any info either. Which makes the poll more of a "I HOPE that Sterns next title is..." (despite your request to make it what you intended).
    It sure is fun to speculate, but it is interesting that we have no credible rumors from any of the typical sources. Star Trek was the worst kept secret ever, especially when we saw that Stern was listed as a licensee on Paramount's website.

#92 10 years ago

Speak up!

#93 10 years ago

I don't know what will happen next year, but The Big Lebowski in 2018 (20 year anniversary) needs to happen!

#94 10 years ago

I hops they make a LE Shazaam edition & raise the prices

#95 10 years ago

Ah, we may have our first insider with some idea of the next game. I agree with Rob, spill the beans.

#96 10 years ago

music pin maybe Zeppelin or Ozzy, Angry Birds and back to Ritchie for Superman

#97 10 years ago

I keep hearing "Angry Birds" through the gossip mill. I would guess it would be redemption oriented, and targeting kids. I hope Stern is doing well enough to risk a clunker like this. All I can think about it Episode I and Williams...

#98 10 years ago

I assume more Bevel & Emboss lol

#99 10 years ago

I'd pay $10,000 for a Shasta LE.

#100 10 years ago

Diet Grape Multiball!!!

Post edited by txstargazer3 : Typo

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sowhats-next-for-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.