• 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

sp excellent 2300 lah ok 1850

#2 11 years ago

Well i thouht this was going to be easy, but a 1850 LAH in "ok" condition isn't easy to endorse.

I would rather pay that than even 1850 for the SP. Horrible game.

LAH if you HAVE to, but I'd pass on both and wait personally.
Grand Lizard.

#3 11 years ago

Not sure about price, but LAH is much more fun to play than SP.

#4 11 years ago

Do you have to have the games shipped, or can you play them? What's wrong with the LAH to make it just ok...

#5 11 years ago

I just bought a South Park for my first pin. I know a lot of people don't like it, but variety makes the world to round. And I love it and laugh every time I play it. Maybe that's why I rode the short bus to school. So if you enjoy it, don't listen to the haters.

I definitelly overpaid on my mine after seeing some stuff that was wrong when I got home, that I didn't notice when I was picking it up (broken plastics, Kenny Opto I thought worked wasn't , cabinet was worse than what I thought).

So if it is in excellent condition that's a fair price from what I have seen around the market the past six months.

PM me if you wanna know what you should be specifically looking for to make sure it's tip top as I have been inside machine tinkering around almost everyday for the past three weeks.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Buffpac5:

PM me if you wanna know what you should be specifically looking for to make sure it's tip top as I have been inside machine tinkering around almost everyday for the past three weeks.

Take him up on that offer!

#7 11 years ago

LAH for the (albeit overpriced) win. Great pin with a lot going on.

SP is just OK.

Later,
EV

#8 11 years ago

Buying it was definitely a learning experience... I have already paid over $300 in parts and such to get it back into a more presentable condition. I suppose I could have left the broken plastics and such but I wanted it to look less "ghetto" and to play like its supposed too.

I was too excited when I bought mine because it was under the "market value" so now I know, go over any machine you buy with a fine toothed comb.

It seems that used pins are like used cars, you might be buying somebody else's problem.

#9 11 years ago

LAH had one wish I never sold its a amazing game far better than South Park
Lah has better rules
Gameplay
Animation
And has big guns by acdc in the game as the theme
Better artwork

#10 11 years ago

LAH but not for that price.

#11 11 years ago

1 game is in ct at pinballs.com(LAH) the other in nj. private owner. south park owner says excellent shape. adult audio mod, extra light package in back, all character topper. machine sits between mm and 911 and looks to be sold by apassionat pinball phanatic.lah was in backroom of pinballs .com and just pulled and checked, so would be ready 4 fri pickup. shop worker said it woul be checked and fix what needs fixing but not shopped completly. alas this is why i say ok condition. excuse my ignorance on terminology. also these messages sent via ps3 so grammer and typing also. both games would be pickup,which by the way would need to go in honda element. anyone know if they fit?

#12 11 years ago

Is there any theme you're leaning to?

#13 11 years ago

I would go with LAH. SP gets old really fast, and LAH is a lot of fun.

#14 11 years ago

Don't pay anything in advance! Go see it, play it, check it out with a fine tooth comb. Do you know any Pinheads who can go with you? THEN make a cash offer...

#15 11 years ago

Topper, shaker, magnets, ripper, crane, smart missile, no doubt.

#16 11 years ago

What's the condition of the playfield and backglass on LAH?

#17 11 years ago

3 and ahalf hour drive each way i f i go for lah. makes it hard to come back empty handed. just want fun game that works well since ill only have one for now.

#18 11 years ago

SP all the way

#19 11 years ago

You KNOW what opinions are like...gotta go with what ya like. Play em' first!

#20 11 years ago

he didnt say excellent unfortunatly, like the sp seller. wish i could find a inexpensive judge dredd in great shape. ive beaten the crap out of sp at many an arcade and afraid ill get bored of gameplay to quickly but feelit will hold its value being in excellent shape, and its tv draw. aaarrrgghhh what to do.

#21 11 years ago

I think you need to take a deep breath and WAIT a while. No rush...they are out there.

#22 11 years ago

There will be PLENTY of pins for sale at Pinfest next month...

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from tp:

he didnt say excellent unfortunatly, like the sp seller. wish i could find a inexpensive Judge Dredd in great shape. ive beaten the crap out of sp at many an arcade and afraid ill get bored of gameplay to quickly but feelit will hold its value being in excellent shape, and its tv draw. aaarrrgghhh what to do.

That's what I'd be afraid of. The SP theme would get old for me REAL quick. LAH is a great game, and a great first machine, but it all depends on condition. Make sure to look at what lights are out, and if any bumpers are out, and check out the boards. Those are things I didn't do on my first pin, and thankfully it worked out, but they can turn into money pits really quick!

#24 11 years ago

The LAH is a big trip for him though to take a chance on coming home empty handed. I say wait till Pinfest...play a bunch of machines and take one home. It will give ya more time to save up as well...

#25 11 years ago

LAH is the only game on my sold list that I am waiting to buy back. $1,800 is too much for one though in my opinion. However, this time next year we may all think that's a bargin.

#26 11 years ago

LAH all day over SP

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from tp:

3 and ahalf hour drive each way i f i go for lah. makes it hard to come back empty handed. just want fun game that works well since ill only have one for now.

LAH read my last description on this thread

#28 11 years ago

LAH over SP.....much more to the game

#29 11 years ago

SP is a good pin for novice players or people that just wanna whack some balls around. I suppose since I enjoy pinball but not a master, I still enjoy the game. I have also found that its a great pin for people that you have over for a party. I had people over and they were fighting for the next turn. That's my two cents anyway.

Don't get caught up in value if you are buying purely for enjoyment. Like I said I know now I overpaid for mine, but I don't see myself getting rid of it.

#30 11 years ago

Thanks guys for all comments. To extend thread someone offered up an above average condition twister for 1500 thoughts

#32 11 years ago

south park is one of my top 5 must owns...memories and theme with a great and easy to get multy ball make it a keeper...I would love to play a twister and that seems like a good price...but honestly play 3 or 4 full games of each and you will know. all great games at around average today rates, wish any of those were around me at those prices,

#33 11 years ago

I'd go for the LAH but I'd want a better price than what's offered. SP is an ok game but I don't like the theme or the show so it kills it for me. Also, it seems that SP, like Nascar and Austin Powers is a really hard game to sell for a "decent" price. In other words, don't get stuck with an SP. It has a limited audience.

Like all things, your tastes are not the same as the "masses" so get some play time on it if you can.

Dave

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Thanks guys for all comments. To extend thread someone offered up an above average condition Twister for 1500 thoughts

Still LAH

#35 11 years ago

Have you ever played SP?

Because I like the theme and was looking for that Pin. Until I could find one location and try it.
My lust for that Pin evaporated really fast! You probably have to be a true fan to enjoy that one past a few games.

#36 11 years ago

I still would prefer LAH over Twister and SP.
Owned them all.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Have you ever played SP?

I think he said he played the hell out of it. I STILL say wait and get something at Pinfest.
Play, Cash and Carry

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from tp:

sp excellent 2300 lah ok 1850

LAH is great..SP sucks SP boring in an hour...LAH has legs for long term..

LAH all the way...miss mine terrible !

#39 11 years ago

unless someone steps up with a judge dredd by sat morn im off to get the lah. thanks for all who chose to chime in. i'll probably be picking a second one up at pinfest yes chips r my guilty pleasure.

#40 11 years ago

Good choice on the LAH. Make sure the crane is working when you pick it up. Fun game.

#41 11 years ago

Unless you're a big fan of the show, don't get SP.

#42 11 years ago

LAH..1800 sounds too high though, there was a nice one on the East Coast about a month ago for 1200 but it sold..I agree about waiting for pinfest, see it, play it,take it home..plenty of people to offer advice around also if u have questions ay pinfest..

#43 11 years ago

I've heard LAH is one of those games with mechanical thingys. Make sure to test out everything. Even take the glass off and run the ball over switches and activate stuff. As I said, it would be good to bring a Pinhead with you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/southpark-or-last-action-hero-1st-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.