Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by FrankyP
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Machine power up starts game but does not feed a ball until you press the stroke button. Is there somewhere where i can find the wiring schematic for this machine that is known having trouble finding docs? Along with that holes dont light up, stroke counter does not count. Basically the backbox is not doing anything it should just the game starts with a coin and the golfer swings.

#2 4 years ago

If jones plugs are clean, bulbs and sockets for holes clean and good. The stepper unit near the top center of the backbox - wipers on that are for the hole lights.

Check switches on motor that shoves the ball up.

Check fuses, and motor in the backbox for the number stroke you are on.

Both of those motors have an armature that pulls in when power is applied and then the motor turns, be sure those armatures move freely in and out and have oil.

All the relays in the head, file the points clean, push them down and release up, see that the leaf blades work as they should.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Ltg will start digging. Any idea on where i can find a schematic?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from FrankyP:

Any idea on where i can find a schematic?

Ebay ? Mike Pacak - http://pinballmike.com/

#5 4 years ago

After starting to look around it turns out that one jones plug under playfield was unplugged. The holes light up most of them anyways. All score chime and advance but not the 4th hole must be a bad switch but i will look. The score motor does not count strokes but if you engage the relay manually it turns the reel although its very loud.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from FrankyP:

4th hole must be a bad switch but i will look.

Clean it good first.

#7 4 years ago

Incidentally. If you need new balls. Put a micrometer on one, search Ebay for same size steel bearing in USA. Should be able to find something like 20 for $5 with shipping..

#8 4 years ago

I found a post for the machine saying the balls were 5/8” seems like Marcos has em I usually use them for most stuff. http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/lilpro.htm

1 week later
#9 4 years ago

The coil that is under the mannekin seems to have one of the lugs beoken off of it. Also only my hard stroke working where can i get a replacement for this and is there a specific part number for it?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from FrankyP:

The coil that is under the mannekin seems to have one of the lugs beoken off of it.

Make a lug and peel off some of the wire and solder things together.

Quoted from FrankyP:

Also only my hard stroke working where can i get a replacement for this

Two buttons, one hard stroke, one hard. Potentiometer on the golfer mech and relays in the back control these.

Quoted from FrankyP:

is there a specific part number for it?

Probably, though you'll never find it.

#11 4 years ago

Today made a bit more headway. Found the issue with hole 4 and fixed it. Game now plays fully after coin to end of 9th hole just still not counting strokes, score relay does nothing I just got my schematic that is the next piece. Also started looking at score motor. There are two sets of metals spacers between the stroke indicator and the gear was curious if that could be the source of the noise although i doubt it. It seems like everything there is as it should be om the scoring mechanism. This after i realized one of the normally closed switches was open after i put it back together whoch made the game not start. There are three switches, two seem to function the first i think just indicates when the reel needs to wind back to zero for a new game. The other if not closed does not allow game start, the third i assume is the score switch, to which the relay does nothing. Does the stroke button itself engage the score relay to make to motor move one click?

#12 4 years ago

HI FrankyP. You found a schematic? I need one myself - just took this game out of storage and cleaning it up to sell. Can I ask where you got it? Thanks, Steve

#13 4 years ago

Mike Pacak, another pinsider further up my post suggested him and he had.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from rauscs:

Can I ask where you got it?

http://pinballmike.com/

#15 4 years ago

Ltg have another question if you are still monitoring the thread after messing around with this for a bit. From looking at the schematic and still not sorting my easy stroke issue, i was wondering if the score relay is tied to the easy stroke and maybe the potentiometer is bad causing my easy stroke to not work. When engage the easy stroke relay fom the backbox it tees up another ball but does not make the manikin move. I am suspecting the pot is the issue but dont really know where to go from there.

You have been incredibly helpful so far and i really appreciate all the help so far. I am just wondering if i might be on the right track on this and should look at replacing the pot or if there could be some other underlying issue for the scoring ad well as the easy stroke.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from FrankyP:

I am suspecting the pot

The pot is the weak point in the line. Spin it back and forth and clean a little and you get all kinds of response. Strong weak stroke, weak strong stroke, etc. etc.

On my game I snapped the adjuster rod with a hammer once and it settled down.

Your pot is over 50years old, replacing it won't hurt. And might fix things.

1 week later
#17 4 years ago

Pot was the issue and has my easy stroke working when engaged from back box. Still soft stroke button and scoring relay not engaging without backbox manual but everything is functional. For the motor in back what would you suggest is best to clean with?

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from FrankyP:

For the motor in back what would you suggest is best to clean with?

Circuit cleaner, lighter fluid, type stuff.

Lubricate good.

2 months later
#19 4 years ago

Have let this thread go cold for a bit but finally got some time. Found that score relay is make or break it was bent open normally. Bent back to closed normal and scoring works but motor was spinning past zero on reset so found that there is a spring on armiture for motor that was stuck in. Release spring then stopped at zero but would not engage found bad roller switch on motor replaced and all scoring is working. Lubed up gearbox well and quiet as anything no whining on motor. Still have my easy stroke button issue to deal with and other than some cosmetics i have fully working game now.

Ltg thanks much for all the help I owe you a big assist for getting me there. On easy stroke i gave up for now but tried even jumping button right to relay and nothing. But if i engage relay manually it works. Weird on that last item but for now im going to enjoy my victory and figure that out next.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/southland-little-pro- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.