(Topic ID: 95224)

Southern Fried Gameroom Expo V1 was Fantastic!

By cody_chunn

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

The first and hopefully annual SFGE in Atlanta is in the books and for a maiden voyage it was great! Joel and everyone else put on a killer show with a great tourney, guests and plenty of games to enjoy. Many THANKS to the organizers and volunteers for putting on an awesome event!

First, sorry that my Blackjack bombed out on Saturday. I believe the driver board crapped out a decoder and started firing the wrong solenoids. The conns have been repined, so I think one of chips puked. Sorry, I'll be better prepared next year.

Second, THANKS to everyone who brought games for play and the tourneys!

FINALLY got to play some of the new Sterns as nobody routes pins in Mobile anymore.

Star Trek: Excellent game. Very exciting gameplay. There was a Spidey next to one and the Spidey looked and played like yesterday's news by comparison. That is not a slam on Sipdey, which is a great game, it's just that ST looked and played wickedly good. Kept going back again and again.

ACDC: Another excellent game that I didn't expect much from. Boy was I wrong. Another extremely well-playing game, with very well-integrated song modes. Thoroughly enjoyed it over and over.

Metallica: Ugh...me no likey at all. DUD.

Mustang: Surprisingly, like it very much! I'm not a gear/car head and don't care about mustangs, but this game was uniquely compelling to play for some reason. I can't exactly explain it, but I liked this game much more than other auto-themed games. I found myself walking back to it as I made the circuit around the rooms.

Avengers: Meh. Better than Metallica but well short of ST and ACDC for excitement and compelling play. It was strictly tepid.

Thanks to Mr. Truedeau for signing my Creature t-light and standup. What a cool guy.

Also thanks for everyone who stepped aside after a game or two to allow others to play. I don't recall seeing any game-hogs the whole weekend.

Overall, a fantastic first effort and I am already planning on bringing another game next year!

PS: I still don't like web interfaces for forums, but if everyone's over here now, I'll get used to it!

-cody

2 weeks later
    #2 9 years ago

I think I played (poorly) a game Avengers with you and your friends!

Sfge was indeed awesome. Loved having the opportunity to play so many games I have never played, old and new. Big thanks to everyone who brought a machine and let us all play them nonstop for 3 days. Quite generous when you think about it. I already can't wait for next year and will make sure I get to go all 3 days!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/southern-fried-gameroom-expo-v1-was-fantastic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.