(Topic ID: 181143)

Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo (SFGE) 2017 OFFICIAL THREAD!

By NoCashValue

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by AgentX
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3173 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3174 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3175 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3172 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3149 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4702 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1285 (resized).JPG
    20170610_210032 (resized).jpg
    20170610_210036 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
    20170608_205041[1] (resized).jpg
    20170528_141843 (resized).jpg
    app (resized).jpg
    20170412_185410-1620x1620 (resized).jpg
    20170412_185429-1620x1620 (resized).jpg
    2017_shirt_designs (resized).jpg
    There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

Hello Pinside! It's time to start getting excited for yet another awesome time in Atlanta this summer for the 4th-annual Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo June 9-11, 2017! If you've followed the growth of the show, then you are no doubt aware how far we've come in bringing a world-class event to the Southeast in such a short amount of time. This year's event will continue the tradition of an action-packed, and fun-filled weekend for the whole family in Atlanta, GA.

SFGE_Promo (resized).jpgSFGE_Promo (resized).jpg

We can't reveal all of our cards yet, but we have already made a few announcements and have more in the works. Here's a few things we're happy to share about this year's event:

1. Hey Bro, I heard you like pinball. We've got you covered. Tons of games (again), a PAPA circuit pinball tournament, and great guests make for another awesome show. Marco Specialties will be back with the newest Sterns, and announced guests include Dirty Donny and Charlie Emery of Spooky Pinball, but we have even more we haven't announced yet, so be on the lookout.

2. Same amazing venue, even more space! Last year when we moved to the Renaissance Waverly we doubled our previous space. This year, we're adding another 5K square foot ballroom to the mix. Also, we're right across from the brand-new Atlanta Braves stadium, so you can even fit in a Braves game during your visit!

3. The other stuff besides pinball. We've enjoyed adding music and bands to SFGE, and we'll have some great performers this year too. The addition of Tabletop gaming continues and can provide for some great downtime from all the other games. We have a full-blown film fest this year (details to come), and because wrestling was such a hit, we're making it a 2-night affair.

Submit your games, book your rooms, volunteer, or purchase tickets on our website www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com. Hope you can make it!

#2 7 years ago

Boom! I have my room booked and purchased a full weekend pass.

Can't freakin wait!

#3 7 years ago

Booked and coming! Really fun show!

#4 7 years ago

I'm in as always!!

Can't wait to see everyone again!

#5 7 years ago

Can't go TPF this year and looks like I won't make it to SFGE either since i have to be in Costa Rica for a wedding that weekend. This blows.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Can't go TPF this year and looks like I won't make it to SFGE either since i have to be in Costa Rica for a wedding that weekend. This blows.

*Downvotes having to travel for a wedding and missing SFGE*

#7 7 years ago

Not looking to promising for me either.

#8 7 years ago

Already have my pass waiting , hopeful no "life" event gets in the way . It's always iffy with a kid in travel sports . Gotta see Aerosmith , might sell a couple for that one .
    JP

#10 7 years ago

Not pinball, but we're pleased to announce legendary game designer David Crane as a guest to SFGE this year. He designed games for Atari before creating such classics as Pitfall & Kaboom as co-founder of Activision
    2017_DavidCraneAnnouncement (resized).jpg2017_DavidCraneAnnouncement (resized).jpg

We're also pleased to announce that this year instead of just screening a small selection of movies, we're hosting an honest-to-goodness film festival (Southern-Fried Film Fest) and will be awarding prizes to winners of our feature film and short film categories. Fun events all weekend long!

#11 7 years ago

Any chance of a swap meet this year? Can't wait until the expo, badges already purchased and ready.

#12 7 years ago

Sorry, no. No swap meet this year. We had expected there to be a resurgence of the Atlanta Pin Swap this fall, but it never materialized. We simply don't have the room to accommodate this.

Quoted from codered9394:

Any chance of a swap meet this year? Can't wait until the expo, badges already purchased and ready.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

Not pinball, but we're pleased to announce legendary game designer David Crane as a guest to SFGE this year. He designed games for Atari before creating such classics as Pitfall & Kaboom as co-founder of Activision

I love all gaming, which is why SFGE is such a great show!

Having tabletop, console, pinball, arcade, etc.. in the same place is freaking awesome.

#14 7 years ago

I went 2 years ago. Great time. Try to go again this year ..got to play tons of pins I had never seen before in person. Big Juicy Melons came out then and I got to play that and a ton of other new Sterns that year, the new Medieval Madness, etc. Hung out with Billy the Pac Man, played Pitfall on an IntelliVision just like I did in 1982, had a killer dinner in the hotel restaurant, played pins like a schizophrenic dungeon prisoner on ADHD tranquilizers, and cried like a brat in the toy aisle at Walmart when they kicked everybody out at night to go to bed. Better than the Peter Pan ride on LSD.

IMG_20150620_183617 (resized).jpgIMG_20150620_183617 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150620_192602 (resized).jpgIMG_20150620_192602 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150620_195946~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20150620_195946~2 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150620_202245 (resized).jpgIMG_20150620_202245 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150620_210817~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20150620_210817~2 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150620_223140 (resized).jpgIMG_20150620_223140 (resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

So Wolfmarsh... when can we expect to hear about the Moonpie (& RC) Meetup?

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

So Wolfmarsh... when can we expect to hear about the Moonpie (& RC) Meetup?

I haven't talked to the SFGE guys about it this year, but you can assume it's happening.

#18 7 years ago

Went for the first time last year and had a blast. Definitely planning on going this year.

#19 7 years ago

Phenomenal show put on by great people, my friends. The Atl area home collector community makes up for the fact that we have non-existent location play essentially.

I'm bringing a couple of my tastefully modded gems for Project Pinball charity. TWDLE and TRONLE.

IMG_4516.JPGIMG_4516.JPG

IMG_0947.JPGIMG_0947.JPG

#20 7 years ago

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked it better when it was a swap meet. The 2 times I went was probably the 1st 2 swap meets. A little too busy now.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked it better when it was a swap meet. The 2 times I went was probably the 1st 2 swap meets. A little too busy now.

Fair enough- keep in mind, the more ppl in your hobby the better it is for demand and value of your games?

Plenty of the games there also have For Sale signs too, for what it's worth.

#22 7 years ago

And no Billy Mitchell back at the 1st 2 swap meets. That alone made it better. Should be pins only,no video games and w/a swap meet.

#23 7 years ago

Where do you sign up to bring a game?

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

And no Billy Mitchell back at the 1st 2 swap meets. That alone made it better. Should be pins only,no video games and w/a swap meet.

So basically the pin swap, right? I get it. SFGE isn't for everyone, no worries. Still, it is the largest collection of pinball machines in one location in the entire state (albeit only for one weekend). So if you only enjoy pins, this is still the place for you. FYI, SFGE owners did not organize the pin swaps. That was Tim Christie.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Where do you sign up to bring a game?

There's a form at the bottom of this page: http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/bring-your-games/

Thanks so much for bringing games to the show!

#26 7 years ago

Ok, so it's not pinball-related, but we had a pretty cool announcements today. We're hosting the reveal of an unreleased Nintendo arcade game that's been stuck in the Nintendo archives for 35 years:

2017_SkySkipper_Announcement (resized).jpg2017_SkySkipper_Announcement (resized).jpg

Also, we're pleased to have Walter Day and Joel West back as guests. Be on the lookout for another pinball guest next week! Lastly, you only have 5 days left to buy your tickets before the price increases by $5.

#27 7 years ago

Looks like the room block is 3/4 full so if you are planning on staying at the host hotel (even if you are local, make it a stay-cation as there is lots to do well into the evening hours!), you should jump on the SFGE group rate soon.

#28 7 years ago

This will be my 3rd year in a row.
    So stoked the wrestling is going down 2 nights!!

This expo is awesome!!!

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

This will be my 3rd year in a row.
    So stoked the wrestling is going down 2 nights!!
    This expo is awesome!!!

You missed the first one! Shame on you!

#30 7 years ago

My favorite show in the South East hands down.

Totally enjoyed doing previous interviews at this show.

Great lay out for the general games and world ranked pinball tournaments as well.

3 weeks later
    #31 7 years ago

Got another big-name pinball guest! Yessir, the one and only, Roger Sharpe - "The Man Who Saved Pinball!"

2017_RogerSharpeAnnouncement (resized).jpg2017_RogerSharpeAnnouncement (resized).jpg

#32 7 years ago

A couple more pictures that were missing from this thread. We’ve been working behind the scenes to ensure that the 2017 edition of the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo is EVEN BETTER than last year! (Is that even possible? It's madness, MARCH MADNESS) If you're planning on making our event part of your Summer, then don't forget there's only 8 days left to use discount code MADNESS to save $5 off your membership price.

benheck (resized).jpgbenheck (resized).jpg

DONNY (resized).jpgDONNY (resized).jpg

CHARLIE (resized).jpgCHARLIE (resized).jpg

walter2 (resized).jpgwalter2 (resized).jpg

#33 7 years ago

If you don't want to stay in a hotel, stay in my AirBnB with 24/7 access to our arcade. We're 16 miles from downtown Atlanta.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17170419?eluid=0&euid=6f7b6899-95ba-4f60-8b7a-a7e2013f3881

Resized_20170326_173135_1490564728561 (resized).jpegResized_20170326_173135_1490564728561 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #34 7 years ago

Just a bump for SFGE.

If you want to hit a great show that is organized extremely well and has a great space, come check out SFGE in June.

What other gameroom show has all the things that SFGE does? Wrestling, live bands, console games, board games, arcade games, pinball machines, speakers, vendors, a huge pinball tournament, etc...!

A bunch of pinsiders will be there, come put some faces to names and meet some cool people. I'm always up for a friendly competition on a pin, just holler at me and say "let's play!". It's a great way to boost your pin confidence as you stomp my score into oblivion.

#35 7 years ago

Awesome show the last couple of years.

Unfortunately it conflicts with my trip to Philmont this year.

Need to figure out how to get my AS trans light signed by Donny though.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just a bump for SFGE.
    If you want to hit a great show that is organized extremely well and has a great space, come check out SFGE in June.
    What other gameroom show has all the things that SFGE does? Wrestling, live bands, console games, board games, arcade games, pinball machines, speakers, vendors, a huge pinball tournament, etc...!
    A bunch of pinsiders will be there, come put some faces to names and meet some cool people. I'm always up for a friendly competition on a pin, just holler at me and say "let's play!". It's a great way to boost your pin confidence as you stomp my score into oblivion.

I'll be there so a may hit you up. Another bump for how good the expo is.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

I'll be there so a may hit you up. Another bump for how good the expo is.

Hit me up for real! It's hard to miss me, I'm the fat redneck walking around.

#38 7 years ago

Really enjoyed it when I went for the first time last year. Looking forward to it again this year.

#39 7 years ago

Just signed up to bring a newly restored Xenon to the show. Looking forward to it after missing out last year. Here's a pic of PF in reassembly mode. Cab is being repainted as we speak. New boards.

-scott

IMG_0969 (resized).jpgIMG_0969 (resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from drscottsmith:

Just signed up to bring a newly restored Xenon to the show. Looking forward to it after missing out last year. Here's a pic of PF in reassembly mode. Cab is being repainted as we speak. New boards.
    -scott

Looks amazing! Can't wait to play it.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Awesome show the last couple of years.
    Unfortunately it conflicts with my trip to Philmont this year.
    Need to figure out how to get my AS trans light signed by Donny though.

Well I am getting my AS trans light signed, so........

1 week later
    #42 7 years ago

For folks nearby to Atlanta, we have a volunteer meeting THIS SUNDAY, April 23 @ 4PM at the Waverly (Stanhope Room). Whether you've helped before or this is your first time, come meet the organizers and captains and learn more about this year's show and become a part of the Southern-Fried Trooper team!

Do you want to know more? Signup to be a Southern-Fried Trooper at SFGE 2017: http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/volunteer-sfge/

SFGE Volunteer Meeting Flyer 2017 (resized).jpgSFGE Volunteer Meeting Flyer 2017 (resized).jpg

#43 7 years ago

We've already got a great mix of games that have been submitted to come to the show, but have you added yours? Bring a game (or ten!) and earn some great perks! http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/bring-your-games/

2017 Game Bringer Prizes (resized).jpg2017 Game Bringer Prizes (resized).jpg

#44 7 years ago

Is anyone going to have a Funhouse or DE Star Trek for sale?

#45 6 years ago

And...back by popular demand, SFGE will once again host a wrestling event this year. Only this time it is double the craziness with 2 nights of AWE wrestling for your viewing pleasure!

SFGE Wrestling 2017 (resized).jpgSFGE Wrestling 2017 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #46 6 years ago

Bump to show off our amazing t-shirt design this year!

2017_shirt_designs (resized).jpg2017_shirt_designs (resized).jpg

You can preorder one here: http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/order-show-shirt/

Just over one month until showtime!

#47 6 years ago

I am bringing Punchy the Clown & Super Mario Mushroom world pinball games this year. Last year I brought Bell Ringer and Nudge it.

We have the 9th and the 11th open currently if anyone is looking for a unique place to stay. We're 16 miles away from the event. $50/night for anyone going to SFGE. If you didn't get enough gameplay at SFGE, you can play in our arcade!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17170419

20170412_185429-1620x1620 (resized).jpg20170412_185429-1620x1620 (resized).jpg
    20170412_185410-1620x1620 (resized).jpg20170412_185410-1620x1620 (resized).jpg

#48 6 years ago

This will be my first expo event. Looking forward to it. I've been long wanting to play (and buy) Super Mario.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

Bump to show off our amazing t-shirt design this year!

You can preorder one here: http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/order-show-shirt/
    Just over one month until showtime!

Just have to say, I love the shirt.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Just have to say, I love the shirt.

Same here. The design is really nice. I just wish it was on the back of the shirt instead of the front.

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/southern-fried-gameroom-expo-sfge-2017-official-thread?hl=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.