Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo (SFGE) 2017 OFFICIAL THREAD!

Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders.

By NoCashValue

1 week ago

Stats

• Started 1 week ago
  • 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by pinkid

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by RandomKG
Uploaded by RandomKG
Uploaded by PINBALL-LUST
Uploaded by PINBALL-LUST
Uploaded by PINBALL-LUST
Uploaded by PINBALL-LUST
Uploaded by PINBALL-LUST
Uploaded by PINBALL-LUST
Uploaded by NoCashValue
Uploaded by NoCashValue

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 7 days ago

Hello Pinside! It's time to start getting excited for yet another awesome time in Atlanta this summer for the 4th-annual Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo June 9-11, 2017! If you've followed the growth of the show, then you are no doubt aware how far we've come in bringing a world-class event to the Southeast in such a short amount of time. This year's event will continue the tradition of an action-packed, and fun-filled weekend for the whole family in Atlanta, GA.

SFGE_Promo (resized).jpg

We can't reveal all of our cards yet, but we have already made a few announcements and have more in the works. Here's a few things we're happy to share about this year's event:

1. Hey Bro, I heard you like pinball. We've got you covered. Tons of games (again), a PAPA circuit pinball tournament, and great guests make for another awesome show. Marco Specialties will be back with the newest Sterns, and announced guests include Dirty Donny and Charlie Emery of Spooky Pinball, but we have even more we haven't announced yet, so be on the lookout.

2. Same amazing venue, even more space! Last year when we moved to the Renaissance Waverly we doubled our previous space. This year, we're adding another 5K square foot ballroom to the mix. Also, we're right across from the brand-new Atlanta Braves stadium, so you can even fit in a Braves game during your visit!

3. The other stuff besides pinball. We've enjoyed adding music and bands to SFGE, and we'll have some great performers this year too. The addition of Tabletop gaming continues and can provide for some great downtime from all the other games. We have a full-blown film fest this year (details to come), and because wrestling was such a hit, we're making it a 2-night affair.

Submit your games, book your rooms, volunteer, or purchase tickets on our website http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com. Hope you can make it!

#2 7 days ago

Boom! I have my room booked and purchased a full weekend pass.

Can't freakin wait!

#3 7 days ago

Booked and coming! Really fun show!

#4 7 days ago

I'm in as always!!

Can't wait to see everyone again!

#5 6 days ago

Can't go TPF this year and looks like I won't make it to SFGE either since i have to be in Costa Rica for a wedding that weekend. This blows.

#6 6 days ago
    Quoted from nman:

Can't go TPF this year and looks like I won't make it to SFGE either since i have to be in Costa Rica for a wedding that weekend. This blows.

*Downvotes having to travel for a wedding and missing SFGE*

#7 6 days ago

Not looking to promising for me either.

#8 6 days ago

Already have my pass waiting , hopeful no "life" event gets in the way . It's always iffy with a kid in travel sports . Gotta see Aerosmith , might sell a couple for that one .
    JP

#9 6 days ago

Been every year, can't wait!

#10 5 days ago

Not pinball, but we're pleased to announce legendary game designer David Crane as a guest to SFGE this year. He designed games for Atari before creating such classics as Pitfall & Kaboom as co-founder of Activision
    2017_DavidCraneAnnouncement (resized).jpg

We're also pleased to announce that this year instead of just screening a small selection of movies, we're hosting an honest-to-goodness film festival (Southern-Fried Film Fest) and will be awarding prizes to winners of our feature film and short film categories. Fun events all weekend long!

#11 5 days ago

Any chance of a swap meet this year? Can't wait until the expo, badges already purchased and ready.

#12 5 days ago

Sorry, no. No swap meet this year. We had expected there to be a resurgence of the Atlanta Pin Swap this fall, but it never materialized. We simply don't have the room to accommodate this.

Quoted from codered9394:

Any chance of a swap meet this year? Can't wait until the expo, badges already purchased and ready.

#13 5 days ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

Not pinball, but we're pleased to announce legendary game designer David Crane as a guest to SFGE this year. He designed games for Atari before creating such classics as Pitfall & Kaboom as co-founder of Activision

I love all gaming, which is why SFGE is such a great show!

Having tabletop, console, pinball, arcade, etc.. in the same place is freaking awesome.

#14 5 days ago

I went 2 years ago. Great time. Try to go again this year ..got to play tons of pins I had never seen before in person. Big Juicy Melons came out then and I got to play that and a ton of other new Sterns that year, the new Medieval Madness, etc. Hung out with Billy the Pac Man, played Pitfall on an IntelliVision just like I did in 1982, had a killer dinner in the hotel restaurant, played pins like a schizophrenic dungeon prisoner on ADHD tranquilizers, and cried like a brat in the toy aisle at Walmart when they kicked everybody out at night to go to bed. Better than the Peter Pan ride on LSD.

IMG_20150620_183617 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150620_192602 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150620_195946~2 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150620_202245 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150620_210817~2 (resized).jpg

IMG_20150620_223140 (resized).jpg

#15 5 days ago

So Wolfmarsh... when can we expect to hear about the Moonpie (& RC) Meetup?

#16 5 days ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

So Wolfmarsh... when can we expect to hear about the Moonpie (& RC) Meetup?

I haven't talked to the SFGE guys about it this year, but you can assume it's happening.

#17 4 days ago

One of the best shows out there!

#18 3 days ago

Went for the first time last year and had a blast. Definitely planning on going this year.

#19 3 hours ago

Phenomenal show put on by great people, my friends. The Atl area home collector community makes up for the fact that we have non-existent location play essentially.

I'm bringing a couple of my tastefully modded gems for Project Pinball charity. TWDLE and TRONLE.

IMG_4516.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

#20 2 hours ago

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked it better when it was a swap meet. The 2 times I went was probably the 1st 2 swap meets. A little too busy now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5.00
    $ 53.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 919.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 28.00
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 209.99
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 45.00
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.