New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 197830)

The Last Starfighter Pinball

By pinteresting

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,009 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by pinteresting
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 344 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e3dc82c53c512e4e1bddf7a4dd212d24.jpg
    Immagine-1038x1845 (resized).jpg
    The-Last-Starfighter-project (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 5.18.49 PM (resized).png
    TsunamiSuperWAVTrigger (resized).PNG
    3F87CA1E-58F8-4C53-B6FE-6853DE2347C7 (resized).jpeg
    9493A919-B8F9-45CF-8F53-29B4285B4806 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

30 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #37 Initial playfield drawing (in progress) Posted by pinteresting (3 years ago)

Post #57 Initial CNC playfield sample Posted by pinteresting (3 years ago)

Post #64 Initial 3D Playfield layout work Posted by pinteresting (3 years ago)

Post #78 Initial backbox layout design Posted by pinteresting (2 years ago)

Post #87 Real-world playfield experimentation Posted by pinteresting (2 years ago)

Post #182 Flipping early prototype video Posted by pinteresting (2 years ago)

Post #188 Thin bumper prototype Posted by pinteresting (2 years ago)

Post #258 Starlite sign test Posted by pinteresting (2 years ago)

Post #330 Starlite sign fiber optic test Posted by pinteresting (2 years ago)

Post #387 Playfield video Posted by pinteresting (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 2 years ago

Unacceptable...I demand gameplay video by Saturday.

This build is progressing at an amazing pace so I think your forgiven. Loved this movie when it came out, great theme. I was thinking the right person could probably redo the CGI clips and far surpass what was in the movie. I suppose that's part of the charm of this film. I loved it as a kid but it does look really out dated obviously by today's standard and I wouldn't mind seeing them get a makeover.

1 week later
    #217 2 years ago

I'm envisioning that ship toy spinning around spitting out pinballs for death blossom multiball ??

#227 2 years ago

I'm not gonna lie, that early rendering with the ship with all those balls locked in it looks pretty awesome, kinda what I was thinking. Still, I see what you mean about game flow, if the death blossom were to be the wizard mode or final mission as it were like in the movie, than it makes no sense to clutter up the playfield for it. Maybe the ship being elsewhere it could still spin, or with a nice light show on it with video of that scene playing and an autoplunger keeping the playfield loaded while you attempt to clear the playfield of every lit ramp/target. Alright will watch and see what you have in store.

4 months later
    #490 2 years ago

Wow that translite looks excellent!! Nice work on the LCD's, nice to see some progress.

1 month later
    #655 2 years ago

I googled rogue synapse last starfighter...free download! Can't wait to add this game to my multicade.

#657 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

Yep...all you need to do now is build one of those cabinets. All the plans are out there on the net and all you need is some skill, time and money. You gotta love the internet! The best invention since the airplane!

Tweaked the controls as best I could. You really do need dual joysticks with fire buttons to best control it, but still great fun to play. I do have my old mame cab pc/monitor to put into a dedicated cab build...

To the OP...any chance of a desktop version of your pinball on vp9 at some point so I can play it on my mame cab?

IMG_3666 (resized).PNG

#660 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinteresting:

Man. I love that.I might have to build one of those after this pin!

Compared to that awesome pin you are building a Starfighter cab would be a cinch. You could run other joystick based emulator games on it too.

Quoted from PinSinner:

Add a couple of these to your cab should do the trick.

Thanks!! I have no room on my panel for a second stick with the trackball,spinner and button layout...but swapping in that joystick alone should be a huge improvement as long as the directional control is as good as my Super 8 stick. In fact it is a Happ Super 8 fire button joystick...perfect.

#687 2 years ago

I think I may have a problem… I half expected to see an alien avatar head on that video and I'm left disappointed that it wasn't.

1 week later
    #772 2 years ago

Looks pretty neat to me. Genuinely excited for this build, it is a great theme and looks like you are on track to do it justice.

1 week later
    #829 2 years ago

Idk, I always liked the car. At least have it in a cut scene. I would want a model of it somewhere.

4 months later
    #935 1 year ago

Whoa! Sounds like he has given' you guys the green light to finish this project without him which is great. I hope you see this pin to the finish line.

3 weeks later
    #946 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinteresting:

Hey. Sorry. I took a job in Louisiana. I'm stuck here for a few more months. When I'm back, I'll be working on the pin again but for now, I'm stuck.

I thought you had moved permanently...great to hear this was a temporary situation.

6 months later
    #957 1 year ago
    Quoted from BenB:

Maybe we should petition that they start this project back up again?

Yes, yes i will sign it right now. The project was making amazing progress and I am surprised it came to a screaching halt as there seemed to be alot of passion involved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 3.00
    Cabinet Parts
    BK Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 32.00
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 700.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 14.95
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 109.99
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside